OPINIONS PLEASE - Phonostage for new Rega P8/Apheta 2 - Sutherland 20/20 or Allnic 1201

OPINIONS PLEASE - Phonostage for new Rega P8/Apheta 2 - Down to Sutherland 20/20 or Allnic 1201 phonostages. Can anyone tell me anything about either? Would consider other in this price new/used but these seem pretty good.

I have got down to these two mainly for price (under $2k) and where my simple research has led. 

I am big into Digital and want to play around with some decent vinyl.

Nothing crazy but good enough that my Bricasti MISE w/Built in Ethernet Media Player doesn't blow it away so I am trying to put together a decent enough vinyl front end that will sound good enough that I want to use it. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Background:

I recently ordered new speakers that should be in a few weeks. Time for me to set up my vinyl front end to prepare for them. I am trading my Magico S5 for S5 MK II. 

Room is 12 x 23 w/Cathedral Ceilings - 15 Foot a peak - Set on long wall

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35630112@N05/46190013771/in/dateposted-public/

Music: Assorted Music no metal or loud hard rock anymore really - not much Large Scale classical either but everything else.

Likes: Transparency- Delicate-linear-Dynamic-Fast - high resolution-microscope but not sterile not etched or lifeless - I know there is a fine Line here but I'm looking to walk it and come out on the right side - but real see through into the music with some sheen and dabs of warmth - transparent to the source because I love my DAC - image and sound stage lover - tight bass - hate flab - like speed and transparency as my selection choices might speak to

From Audiogon Virtual System page:
https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/5160

Associated Equipment:

> Digital:
- DAC: Bricasti Design M1 Special Edition DAC 
- Digital Transport: Bricasti M12 Built-In Ethernet Network Player

> Analogue:
- Turntable: Rega Planer 8
- Tonearm: Rega RB880 Tonearm
- Cartridge: Rega Alpheta 2 MC

> Preamplification:
- Linestage: Simaudio Moon Evolution P-8 Reference Preamplifer 
- Phonostage:TBD

> Amplification:
- Power Amplifier: Pass Labs X250.8 Stereo Amplifier

> Loudspeakers:
- Transducers: Magico S5 MKII Reference Loudspeakers MCast Pewter, (Trading S5 MK I)

> Power Supplies:
- Linear Power Supplies: Uptone Audio JS-2 (2-Rail) Linear Power Supply, The Linear Solution LPS-912 Network Switch Proprietary Linear Power Supply, Breeze Audio 12v Linear Power Supplies (2-units),
- Switching Mode Power Supplies: iFi Audio iPower 9V DC
- Turntable Power Supply: Rega Neo PSU 

> AC Power:
- Conditioning: PS Audio Noise Harvesters (6) 
- Outlets: Furutech GTX (R), Oyaide R1 Beryllium (2),
- Surge / Spike Protection: Blue Circle Audio The Yalu Balula
- Power Strip: PS Audio Juice Bar MK II

> Audio Network Server / Hardware / Software:  
- Servers: Small Green Computer SonicTransporter,
- Storage: WD My Cloud 12v 2TB NAS, 
- PC: Qotom 190S Dual-Port - Baytrail J1900 12v Micro-PC
- Network Switch: The Linear Solution OCXO Audiophile Switch,
- Audio Software: Sonic Orbiter,  ROON 1.4

> Cables:
- Interconnect Cables: Kubala-Sosna Research Emotion XLR 2.0M, Kubala-Sosna Research Emotion XLR 1.5M, Darwin Ascension RCA 0.5M, 
- Speaker Cables: Kubala-Sosna Research Emotion 2.5M Spades,
- AC Cables : Kubala-Sosna Emotion AC 2.0M (2) Kubala-Sosna Elation AC 1.5M, Zu Event MK I AC 1.5M (3)  
- DC Cables: Gent Audio Custom DC Cables (Canare/Oyaide) (6), Upton Audio DC Cable 1M 
- USB: Audiocadabra Ultimus3 Double-Head Silver USB Cable, Curious Regen link, Uptone Audio USPCB A/B USB 
- Digital: Black Cat Silverstar 75 BNC/RCA 1.0M, MIT Terminator-3 RCA 1.0M, DH Labs Silver Sonic D-75 RCA 1.0M (2), Tara Labs Prism 100dx-1 Tosilink 1M.
- HDMI: AudioQuest Chocolate 1.0M, AudioQuest Forest 3.0M,
- Ethernet: AudioQuest Vodka RJ/E 1.0M, Cardas Clear RJ/E 0.5M, The Linear Solution Custom RJ/E 1.5M.

> Sundries / Accessories:
- Audio Racks: Solid Tech Hybrid 3+3 Shelves Audio Rack w/White Shelves and Silver Pillars, Solid Tech Rack of Silence Amplifier Stand
- Isolation Devices: SRA Ohio Class Isolation Platform, Symposium Acoustics Svelte Plus Isolation Platform, Isoacoustic Iso-pucks (8), Red Dragon Audio Ceramic Cable Elevators (4), EdenSound Brass Vibration Weights (8), Bright Star IsoNode Footers,
- Re-clock/Tester: DROK USB Multi-meter/Tester, Wyred 4 Sound Remedy Femto.

- Fsmithjack

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
I’ve ordered the Herron for my Rega RP10 and Apheta 2 combo. I’ll post up a first impression when it arrives, compared to my well broken in ARC PH7, and maybe a follow up in a few months when the Herron has stabilized.
Homer_skins

definitly try plugging into the wall. 

My Amp, Dac and Preamp all sound 1,000 times better just plugged into the Wall.

I do not mean a little better either.

Ask Pass Labs, Vitus, Simaudio or Krell? They will all tell you to plug into the wall! 

Sure buy an awesome power cable and upgrade your outlet as well and if you can defiantly go for the discated 20 amp circuit and the above as well. 

I can highly recommend the Oxiyde R1. It’s 95% the performance of the super expensive Furutech outlets at 1/5 the price. It’s a little smoother also which is nice. The Furutech can be a little harsh.

I have tried many conditioners and will keep trying more and more until I find one I like.

Once I settle on one I use it for a few weeks or month or two and then for heck of it I try the wall and then I’m like WTF and the conditioner goes on Audiogon. 

Unless your home is a city apartment with horrible power and even then I bet it will be better then most conditioners.

Last night I just bought the Audioquest Niagra 1000 and matching Audioquest Tornado HC AC Power Cable.

AQ claims that their new cable line is designed to work with their Niagra line of conditioners so we will see. 

Here is what I settled on buying the last couple weeks to fill out my new analog front end. 

Rega P8 Turntable
Rega Apheta 2 Cart
Sutherland Duo Phonostage 
(2) Audience Au24se AC Cables 
- (phonostage takes 2 AC Cable)
Audioquest Fire 1M Interconnect 
- (RCA for phonostage to preamp)
Audioquest Niagara 1000 AC unit
Audioquest Tornado AC Cable 

Hope my anologue front end can compete with my digital. 

Do any of you guys know if this could be used on my Rega P8 TT?

Decca London Super Gold Phono Cartridge
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis99gg8-decca-london-super-gold-phono-cartridge-like-new-cartridg...

I read Rega arm/base doesn't have all the adjustments other tables have and I would not want to get into shims and all that stuff. Do you guys know if this might work? From what I heard they sound amazing?

Thoughts?

Thank you   

+the gold note ph10 and add the power supply when you can. I bought one after having a chinook in my system both excellent but I think the gold note fits your requirements better. The gold note also has much easier to use controls with huge flexibility