Nottingham Spacedeck vs Rega Planar 8 vs Technics SL1200G

Hey Everyone,

An analogue newbie needs your advice.

Firstly I am not looking for any TT recommendations other than these 3.

My system is Devore O96, and the amplification would be either Lyngdorf 3400/Coincident Frankenstein combo or a Shindo pre/amp combo (forthcoming). The phono stage is TBD.

The sound I like is rich, full-bodied, with a good bass (I love percussion, and the double-bass instrument and  Mingus is my fav jazz artist). I am very sensitive to even a hint of brightness. I don't care about the typical audiophile presentation -- gobs of detail and soundstage but no soul.

My music of choice is jazz, vocals and small-scale instrumentals. No rock, no pop, no western classical.

Would love your thoughts on these 3 choices.

Since I am a newbie, easy setup is big win, which might tilt me towards the Rega or Technics, but with Nottingham I have a great dealer support that I would completely miss out on if I went with Technics (no Technics dealer in a 5000 mile radius).

I used to own a Rega RP6, so am familiar with Rega sound, and like it. But my RP6 was bested by my DAC (AMR DP-777) so sold it a few years ago. So I want a TT that will compete with any sub-10000$ DAC.

Looking forward to your thoughts that will help me scratch my analog itch.

essrand
Wow! Thank you for all the responses.

I definitely prefer the analogue sound more than digital (the reason I liked my AMR DAC was that it was very analog sounding). But digital is important for me since most of the music I listen to cannot be found in analog.

@miguelca, yes I have heard such stories about Nottingham's customer service as well.

Pear Audio would be a no-go since no dealers nearby. Technics too actually but heard so many good things that I have been tempted (also heard its easy to setup).

Assuming I choose the right cartridge (a big if.....as this might be a journey in itself), which one would be the least thin-sounding (aka most full bodied) esp when it comes to strings (violin, double-bass, sitar, mandolin, flamenco guitar etc).

I have a Technics 1200G and am very happy with it.  I am amazed there is  "no Technics dealer in a 5000 mile radius" but you have a Nottingham dealer nearby!
In your case, I would consider the Nottingham. 
Not a fan of the Rega line...
Larry at Hollywood Sound, Hollywood, FL has parts and is as knowledgeable about the Nottingham table as anyone in the US(and a good guy). I had a 294 for years and enjoyed it.  Never had any trouble.  Did have a Nott Wave Mechanic motor controller which upped the wound quality by a quite considerable bit.
I would consider three MM cartridges - Goldring 1042, Nagaola MP-500 and Audio Note IQ3. Cost - about $500 - $1100.
You also need speed and 'bite' and explosive dynamics for real flamenco, not new age kind of flamenco. Nagaoka and Audio Note might be somewhat more sophisticated and polite.
Perhaps Roxan MMs would be fine as well.
Yeah, Nottingham motor controller wouldn't hurt, especially if the wall current is not good. Also Walker motor controller, maybe even better, about $1600 for either, I guess. I decided not to get it for now, but I have PS Audio conditioner/regenerator to use for the entire system. No, not a full substitute for motor controller but works well.
I owned Rega, moved up to NA Mentor (precursor to the Dais). The table is not suspended, so it can take an air bearing tonearm. I use the Trans-Fi, which is surely the best bargain in audio at $1000. Cartridge is a Koetsu.

The 'heavy' kit is worth considering, now or in the future. So is the Wave Mechanic. I gave away my older but well regarded Technics 150 Mk2; not in the same league. Not even close.