What do I buy? Klipsch vs. Definitive Technology

I need some help. I am looking for a sub to complete my 5.1 setup. I listened to the Def Tech super cubes and was not impressed. I liked the higher end Klipsch's better. I thought the sound range was way better.

My problem is, what do I do with the rest of my system which I want to upgrade anyway? I want them to all match. Currently have the following Def Tech (center channel-clr3000, towers-BP7006). My surrounds are just some old basic Klipsch book shelves, nothing fancy. I picked up the clr3000 last year and was a HUGE upgrade from the previous one I had. Sounds great.

I want a clean looking installation and I don't like the fact that the Def Techs have all the extra power cords. Makes it harder to hide them behind the wall.
Am I making too big of a deal about this? If I get Def Tech surrounds, that is two more power cords right?

I would like to get some opinions on a Klipsch system vs. Def Tech. I'm looking into the Klispch RF-63 Home Theater System as replacement. I would be starting from scratch.

It would be cheaper to just upgrade my surrounds and sub, but I like both brands and I know for sure I am not getting a Def Tech Super Cube subwoofer.
brooks1856
"The 7006's go down to 17hz. Do you have them crossed over in the AVR where the rolled off at 8ohz or something?"

Oops-typo! I meant "Do you have them crossed over in the AVR where the rolled off at 80 hz or something"
No, I don't have them crossed over or anything. I'm just an intermediate audio guy so I don't mess with that kind of stuff much. Just the positive and negative wires running from the receiver to the speakers. I guess the main reason I want a sub is that for 5.1 (or someday 7.1), each speaker has its own audio channel. I feel like I'm missing an element to the the movie by not having a dedicated sub for that channel.
You may want to consider using a pair of subs, rather then a single unit. A lot of good subs out there. For a discussion and analysis of why two, check out Floyd Toole's new book 'Sound Reproduction'

Long before I read Toole's stuff, I started using two NHT units, each have a separate outboard power amp. Great sound.
Ahhh! Now I get it.

I think you can relax. You have a dedicated sub for 3 channels with your current set-up.

I'm just an intermediate audio guy myself, but I have experience with a similar set-up. The guy I sold my 2006's to was worried about similar things. He was fixated with running LFE instead of just running speaker-level. I suggested that he give himself time to get used to them.

I watched Dark Knight with him a couple of weeks ago. The bass really did about knock me off the couch. They sound far better for him than they ever did for me.

Enjoy!

-P
No, I don't have them crossed over or anything. I'm just an intermediate audio guy so I don't mess with that kind of stuff much. Just the positive and negative wires running from the receiver to the speakers

If I'm understanding you, you've never played with the crossover?
If that's the case, I'd suggest this may be the reason you feel the bass to be lacking.
If you're worried about upsetting the balance you have now, just mark what setting the crossover is at presently, then play with it and see if you get better results.