What do I buy? Klipsch vs. Definitive Technology

I need some help. I am looking for a sub to complete my 5.1 setup. I listened to the Def Tech super cubes and was not impressed. I liked the higher end Klipsch's better. I thought the sound range was way better.

My problem is, what do I do with the rest of my system which I want to upgrade anyway? I want them to all match. Currently have the following Def Tech (center channel-clr3000, towers-BP7006). My surrounds are just some old basic Klipsch book shelves, nothing fancy. I picked up the clr3000 last year and was a HUGE upgrade from the previous one I had. Sounds great.

I want a clean looking installation and I don't like the fact that the Def Techs have all the extra power cords. Makes it harder to hide them behind the wall.
Am I making too big of a deal about this? If I get Def Tech surrounds, that is two more power cords right?

I would like to get some opinions on a Klipsch system vs. Def Tech. I'm looking into the Klispch RF-63 Home Theater System as replacement. I would be starting from scratch.

It would be cheaper to just upgrade my surrounds and sub, but I like both brands and I know for sure I am not getting a Def Tech Super Cube subwoofer.
brooks1856

Showing 1 response by buconero117

You may want to consider using a pair of subs, rather then a single unit. A lot of good subs out there. For a discussion and analysis of why two, check out Floyd Toole's new book 'Sound Reproduction'

Long before I read Toole's stuff, I started using two NHT units, each have a separate outboard power amp. Great sound.