Speakers for a small room

I am looking to build a list. What would you say are the best speakers for a small room? Why? Price is up to 6.5k new or used. Room is 11ft x 16ft with 7ft10 ceilings. Thanks! 

Related info: amp is pass labs xa30.8. 
ostrey93
Also the point source of the ls50s helps make for better imaging especially in a smaller room in close quarters.
I'll put my 2 cents in for what it's worth
i have a pair of Greybeard KB/2/2 speakers and a small listening space. 
They are floorstanding. Actually, Larger monitor and attached stand. Two way with 7" & 1"  scanspeak drivers. I think they were in $5k range when new
Very cool. Mine are covered in black tile.They were also available with slate covering. Excellent Sound quality and detail at lower Amplifier power. Of course the bigger the room the bigger the soundstage. 
I beleive I read that Modwright uses a pair of Greybeard for their reference speaker. 
Apparently they were a company from the Portland area that was on the move, then the owner was diagnosed with cancer and the company disappeared. I'm going off memory here so no disrespect if my facts are not right 

Currently I am running some small Tannoy towers and the dual concentric is amazing. I suspect the LS50s would have similar benefits. Ideally I would like something a bit more capable than the LS50s but if that does not exist in my budget then I am happy to pocket the change. Also looking at a focal speaker with the BE tweeter as I heard those can match well with pass gear. 
@audiotroy as for my musical tastes its easier to say what I do not listen to. Those genres are rap, hip hop and country. Everything else is good.