PSB Synchrony One's or Legacy Classic HD's

I am considering either of these two speakers, and curious to hear comments of anyone who has compared them, or knows both of them.

I have read plenty reviews on the Synch One's, but none of the Classic HD's. I have also heard both speakers but in very different rooms with very different equipment.

In particular I am after something in that price range with an excellent open uncoloured midrange, smooth highs, and fast/detailed bass, and non fatiguing. And not too power hungry (have a Simaudio 100W I3 amp).

Thanks
acdvd
Valinar, in that room we have the Dynaudio Sub500's as well as the Triad Gold In-room subs. Both are excellent.
I owned the original Legacy Classic and loved them. I had them for over 10 years because I couldn't find something that I really wanted. Just recently sold them and bought a pair of used Salk HT3, different speakers, different league. I have not heard the PSB speakers.

Good luck.
I've been using a pair of Synchrony Ones for about six months. My *purely subjective* opinions are that their upper midrange has a bit of color which leans toward brightness, and that their highs are a bit slow and leave a little bit to be desired in terms of precise imaging.

It is also my *purely subjective* opinion that the Synchrony Ones' bass and low midrange are first rate. The integration between the Synchrony Ones and my servo subwoofer produces a seamless "wall of bass" with world class directionalty, tonality, and pace.

Of course I am aware that the above may be minority opinions. I am also aware that my listening environment and associated equipment affect my opinions. Nonetheless, my advice is to audition the Synchrony Ones with a variety of upper octave artists before making a commitment.
I recently purchased the PSB Synchrony One's and really love them; I've never had speakers with this quality of of bass and outstanding midrange. I'm driving them with an 82 rms Rega Elicit, so I would think that a 100 rms Simaudio amp would be perfect. I have not heard Legacy speakers for years.
Which did you choose?
Hi there
Well I have optimised my gear with a full suite of Morrow cables (which are terrific and extremely good value), plus an Oppo BDP83 modified with a terra firma clock...another seriously good value.

I have found a buyer for my Synch Two's so I can take the next step. I can now get the Synch Ones at a much better price than the Classics.

Out of interest, how big a listening room are you using for your Synch One's?

My room is about 14 x 20 foot. Will I get overload bass if I use the 3 port plugs?

Thanks!