Focal Sopra 2

I just posted a review of the Focal Sopra 2 and my speaker journey.

A little sample.

"First listen and I was smiling. The same beautiful sound that I heard in the large showroom was present in my home! And I only had to turn the preamp volume half as high as I had to with the Bob Carver Amazing Line Source speakers. The sound quality was there from the lowest bass to the upper treble. Nothing stood out, or faltered, the sound just blended together as one cohesive sound that is so easy to listen to for hours and hours. Also, I think the speaker style is cool and the speakers finish is impeccable."

Full review below is in the Audiogon Member Review section.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/my-speaker-journey-and-focal-sopra-2

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Did you listen to both the Sopra 2 and 3 before buying?  I am leaning towards the 3 only because they are the ones I demoed.  Now to decide on color...
I have owned the 2 and currently have the 3 and I will tell you if you love the 2's the 3's will absolutely blow you away. 
At the Audio store I was only able to listen to the Sopra 3’s and they were awesome! I picked the High Gloss black since most of my equipment is either black or silver. But the Blue looked pretty nice!

ozzy
I had heard the Utopia Grande (over $200k/pair) driven by the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps + Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage analog preamp before and those were the best I've heard. They also had very high end flagship Naim 500 series streamer/DAC digital front end components with separate Naim 500 psu. Highly musical presentation. You could easily perceive the very subtle dynamic shifts in timbre.