Eminent Technology LFT-8b in Harry's system

I recently signed up for the V.P.I. Industries newsletter, and today received my first such. In it, Harry Weisfeld reviews a Grado phono cartridge, but this post concerns one of the speakers he listed as being those he uses to listen to music and evaluate recordings through. All but one are traditional dynamic cones/domes in a box designs, only one being a planar/dipole. That planar is the Eminent Technology LFT-8b. I'm pretty sure Harry could, if he so chose, have instead as his sole planar a pair of $6000 Magneplanar MG 3.7i's, or even $14,000 20.7's. But nope, he instead chose the $2500 ET LFT-8b, imo the greatest value in a loudspeaker on the market. I compared it to the 1.7i, and the difference was dramatic.
128x128bdp24

The Rythmik A370 plate amp (the amp in the OB/Dipole Sub) is no ordinary amp. It is a well designed 370 watt class A/B analog amp, controlling the dual 12" woofers in a servo-feedback circuit. The front-to-back cancellation inherent in dipoles is counteracted with a 6dB/octave shelving circuit, providing response to below 20Hz at sufficient SPL for most music. The dipole operation of the sub works particularly well with dipole speakers for the obvious reason, as well as exciting one less room mode than monopole subs.

Clio, if you ever see an Electron Kinetics Eagle 2 amp at a reasonable price (less than $500 or so), consider getting it for your 8" woofers. It is a KILLER bass amp!

Bruce Frederick, I also used Xindak. Also liked it, but very much like the Audiomica Dolomit Reference cable I now have. Not biwire configuration. Using pure silver cable as jumpers. Powered by Hypex Ncore400 amps, with Vandersteen 2wq subwoofers making a world of difference to not only the low end but also freeing up the amps to make the mids and highs simply effortless.

Any interest in revisiting amplifiers that have really controled the LFT8B’s.........Tubes or SS

im starting from scratch with a two ch system. It’ll be mostly for LP’s, my plan is to get a nicely refurb’d Denon DP59L.....

I was gonna refurb a pair of ESL63’s, or get a used pair of maggies, no more box’s for me...

i plan on revisiting my early twenties and listen to some SteelyDan, larry Carlton, Dave Benoit ect ect

I will def be using a tube preamp, recommended here the Don Sachs SP14.........

Thanx Guys

PS: My dream amps would include Krell KSA 250, ML 20.5 type SS
I tried to find someplace to listen to these speakers....couldn't.   A lost sale.