What is the most dramatic way of increasing a speaker's Bass and Low mid?

Hi-

I am wondering what would give the most dramatic increase in bass and low mid projection/Volume, even on account of accuracy ...

My speakers can go down to 28hz but i need to boost it’s level, not frequency extension. They are 2 way with bass reflex port. 6.5" woofer size and a tweeter. Floor standing.

My floor is old hardwood strips.

placement and coupling methods are the first things that come to mind. I do not want to add an equalizer at this point.

Spikes, footers, concrete platform, direct floor flush contact? anything and everything that YOU know works.
Speculations on untested methods are not needed as i need real life experience from people.

Thanks!
Rea

128x128dumbeat
the speakers in case are VSM's but the question is general about Acoustics and coupling.
I have always run my mains full range and augmented the low freq with a sub.   I know a lot of people hate subs but if you set the crossover low you will avoid the boomy sound subs get a bad rap for .

I use a Velodyne SMS 1 as my lpw pass filter and experimented with the low pass crossover and slope .  The slope is very helpful in tuning the sub to blend seamlessly with the mains.  

A lot of new subs auto eq also which also helps eliminate the boom caused by the room mode...  
Spikes = better imaging and clarity, "tighter" bass, but not necessarily "more" bass.  Ime best to experiment with positioning BEFORE you install the spikes. 
@Dumbeat
Try one or more from the cable co or by used . You will be shocked .
I have sold my Dominus power cord and the XLR interconnects , but only because i needed the money . I will own them again .
To me they are my favorite cables that have ever tried .or owned .
They are that good IMO
They have awesome Bass and very good clarity and PRAT
I owned Merlins for several years. Bobby recommended setting the speakers 6 feet apart and then listen and widen them if needed. I ended up at 6.5 feet wide. I sat 7 feet, 3 inches from the tweeters. The speakers were 3.5 feet from the wall behind the speakers, and about 3 feet from the side walls. With this placement, I felt the sound was quite good, very coherent, with no problems with bass or midrange. This was in a small-ish room, 14 x 13.

I tried the speakers in my 20 x 18 living room that opens up into a similar sized dining room. If you can picture it, there are only 3 walls in my living room. The VSM’s did not sound good in this room, hard as I tried. The sound was quite thin.