Anyone using a Mytek Brooklyn or Manhattan (I or II) DAC as a preamplifier?

Anyone have any experience with the Mytek DAC's preamp direct to a power amplifier? Any good? Great? 

I'm considering going with a Mytek Brooklyn direct to either a McIntosh MC275, Pass Labs XA60.8m or X250.8, or Parasound JC-1. I'd need to stick with this setup for a year until sufficient funds are available for a preamp, so want to make sure it's enjoyable and a marked step-up from my current Rega Brio + Parasound zDac combination.

Thanks!Ken
keoliphant
What DAC can't be used with an integrated or preamp? Are we talking DACs only having variable output?
My preamp stopped working today, and it will be a while before it gets repaired.  I tried using my Mytek Manhatten I as a Pre amp.  I don’t know how to use the volume control.  It seems to be at max volume right now and I can only listen for a few seconds at a time for fear of blowing my speakers.  The manual isn’t very helpful.
I figured it out.  At the first adjusting the volume on the Mytek didn’t have any effect but after turning the DAC off and rebooting it worked
There is analog vs digital volume. I found this confusing as well and emailed them before randomly poking around and figuring it out. 

I was also confused by the digital vs. analog volume setting.  I’ve had the DAC for a couple of years but this is the first time that I’ve used it as a preamp.  Do you use it as a preamp?