WHY DO SOME AUDIOPHILES THINK YOU ARE BRAGGING WHEN YOU ARE SHARING?

I have seen many people share what they have and what they have heard on audiogon and there are always a few people that come on with negative comments about the person bragging or,the put down the higher end gear that one is speaking about.  Why do you think that happens?
calvinj
tomic601, I love that car.

I drive a mostly unmodified Nissan 350z. Roll bar, race seats, harnesses, HANs, all that. I'm a driving instructor. Would love to feel real grip and real torque....all it takes is money.
People make choices, so why not to respect them. If people ask for an advice, provide it to your best ability, after all we are all chasing the same goal, having the best sound within a given environment, and within a given price class. Often it has been mentioned here that you need to create a good acoustical environment first, which is something not easy to achieve. Lots of good advises online, but still the many variables will also dictate the complexity of acoustics. The fact remains that expensive gear in a bad acoustical environment will not perform to their best ability. Many people only know expensive equipment from audio shows, where the equipment is demonstrated in hotel rooms, or hotel conference rooms. People will return home frustrated, as the expensive equipment didn't perform well. Others have tried it at home, compared it to their equipment, but in the same bad acoustical environment. It didn't make much difference indeed, so it's understandable that people say "expensive equipment is way overpriced". However, there are some people who are willing to go the extra mile, get the listening room as good as possible, and spent some extra money. They will get the satisfaction they were looking for. Should these people be condemned? I don't think so, I'm happy for them. Sometimes I read that "I can have a better sound with my $ 2K equipment in my acoustical correct listening room than others with their $ 20K in their acoustical incorrect listening room, which may be true....however please realize that should they put the $ 20k equipment in the same acoustical correct room, it will outperform the $ 2k equipment. Just don't expect it to be by factor 10. We all know that.
calvinj,
If you hate it all so much, why not just drop the subject and move on to other things...but you won't of course.
I have been reading Stereo Review and Audio magizines since i was a teenager.I have alway been into this hobby.I buy what I can afford .Years ago it was easier to buy top shevel .But with prices in the 100,000 -500,000 thats impossible for me.Is it worth it I really dont know .Would I buy it if I won power ball ,lol ,I dont think so even then.We are human beings we can be jealious and also friendly.I went to one guys house who had like a 300,000 system .Crazy ass stuff .i bought a pair of old speakers from him...for like 1,800 i thought i got a good deal .They were used for his kids play room LOL. You come on this site and you can make a comments on stuff or not its your choice .
If you won the lottery, you would likely have an issue that most lottery winners (who weren't wealthy already) have...you stop enjoying the simple things like active "present" enjoyment of an audio system...you immediately are deluged with requests for money or offers to handle it for you, friends and family treat you utterly differently, and you're obsessed with the minutia of dealing with a sudden total life change. You could by ultra expensive gear, but you wouldn't enjoy it much.