Aries 1 JWM 10 Tonearm replacement or upgrades?

I have an original JWM 10 arm with the threaded counterweight on my Aries 1 turntable. Is there a suitable drop-in upgrade tonearm available or is there a set of upgrades I can do to maximize the existing arm as best bang for the buck? It has the original Discovery tonearm wire as came from the factory also.

Thanks for your input!

Have a great weekend!

billandsol
Yes, the original JMW 10 tonearm with the threaded counter weight can accept the new style tear drop counter weight without any modification.  A simple, inexpensive and worthwhile upgrade would be to change out the conical pivot point assembly for the newer spiked pivot assembly.  The end user can perform this replacement without any modification to the tonearm VTA tower.
You all rock and I am looking to get to a 12" super platter and a jwm 10" 3 D arm as major upgrades to my tt. Has anyone used isolation bases? HRX feet worth finding? My understanding is the verion for Aries 1 is no longer made. Have a great weekend !
@billandsol 

what did you end up doing?  I would highly recommend the 10" 3DR with the new Nordost wire. And whatever VTA base and mod you would need to get the right pivot to spindle distance.  I have the arm and it is amazing.
@billandsol, there is a VPI Super Platter with inverted bearing on U.S. Audiomart right now, asking price $1200.