Perfect Path Technologies: Omega E mat

I’m curious about this product from Perfect Path Technologies and would like to hear from those that have experience with it. I’ve bought and used the Total Contact enhancer and like what it does for my system so I’m interested in hearing how this Omega E mat performs. 
t_ramey
16 mats is a tad less than 10,000 dollars.  Probably a hard question to answer but what is the optimal number based on cost, probably system dependent.  Another way of asking is how did you come up with the number of mats to order.  What should someone spend on mats relative to the cost of their system?  

I wanted to put two under (or on) each component (including my power conditioner and speakers), and two on my power panel. This many was a stretch for me, but I knew that's what I wanted eventually, and I decide to go for it, so I only have to go through the “charge up” period once, rather than several times.
Speaking of the Omega mats I have just ordered three more. " tommy lion" has taken one approach of putting the Mats in place all at the same time. He has proven that the "just go for it approach " works and will get a system to that highest level in the minimum amount of time.

Since the Mats have been available I have been placing them in my systems two to four Mats at a time. I have not yet tried Mats under the speakers, or on top of the Synergistic Research Power Conditioners.
All of my audio components sit on Synergistic Research Tranquility Bases. All components have had a further improvement when one or two Mats were placed on top of each piece of equipment. 

The break in phase of putting Mats in a system is real but not so severe as to make listening to music not enjoyable.

My feeling about how to best approach a system is as follows. If just starting out, buy one Mat and one syringe of Total Contact. In my opinion this will be the most cost effective improvement one can make to any system. Place this first Mat at the Circuit Breaker Box. Treat the connections at the Breaker Box, the wall outlets that feed the audio system, and then the various interconnects. It will take more than one session to treat all these connections. Put the Total contact on spareingly - a thin coat is better than a thick coat. During the time you are pasting the system with Total Contact the Mat will be in place 'energizing' .

The system will start to sound better 24 hours after installation of the Mat or an  application of Total Contact. At 3 days a higher level is noticeable and at 10 days the system will have a sense of ease but with improved detail that is most satisfying.

A more rapid but middle of the road approach to system improvement is to order four Mats and one syringe of Total Contact. This would allow Mats for the music source, amplifier, and two mats for the Circuit Breaker Box.

So far the Mats and Total Contact have improved the sound and also video picture quality in all the systems I have tried them in. And since the Mats are sold with a 30 day return policy this is just a plain fun audiophile experiment to undertake!

David Pritchard

575-644-1462 (cell phone)
“The break in phase of putting Mats in a system is real but not so severe as to make listening to music not enjoyable.”

David,

I totally agree, thank you for making this important point.

Yes, one mat to start will bring great improvements.  I noticed the difference in one hour under my CD player with my first mat, and in eight hours with the second mat, placed alongside the first to cover the entire chassis.  Of course, the improvements continue to accumulate over time.