Vandersteen 5a vs Quatro ct which do you choose?

Trying to decide. Have McIntosh 300w and McIntosh tube preamp. Listen to all music except Classical-and Rap. Room 25’ x 20’ carpet with listening spot app 12’ from front wall. Would appreciate thoughts plus and minus. Thanks
tooth2th
yes I still love the Treo....screaming value with the sweet high end of the 7
guys make sure i am actually in Seattle when you visit, somebody has to give you the music server password and unlock the wine chiller ( maybe not in that order )...
iF i am out of town, most likely i am listening to vinyl on the Treo CT

Sometime when you're back down in Carlsbad, I will try to be there. Would love to come to Seattle someday! Keep that wine chilled! I still remember how great the wine and music was.....Oh, the food too!
Tim
Tim - i expect to be back in CA relatively soon.....stop by anytime...i have some new Vinyl to listen to.....
OP, have you thought about the Treo CT plus a pair of SUB THREES? Based off specs seems you might get better bass (more woofers in the sub 3 than in the quatros) and would be about a grand less. This is my dream set up if I had the funds.
I've heard the 7s, 5A carbon, CT Quattro's and Treo's in two different showrooms at different times with different electronics. I wouldn't begin to offer an opinion other than to say that older Thiel and Vandersteen's line are some of the few reasonable speakers that have the same rightness mojo as my Avalons.

While every room is different I've never found my subwoofers to sound their best near the main speakers. I'd forgo the onboard subs for two correctly located multi-band EQd subwoofers. The dedicated subs will last through many different speaker changes.