Reference 3A MM De Capo vs Legacy Calibre

I am starting the process of putting together a new system. An important design goal is the speakers will be stand mounts. I have heard the De Capo's but not the Calibre's. I am most interested in others opinions on monitor/stand mounted speakers. I am attending RMAF in two weeks and hope to check out ideas while there.

My budget could go as high as 12K for the Reference 3a Reflector.Yet, the less expensive monitors may be good enough.

Please share your ideas and impressions.

Ag insider logo xs@2xchangeout
@d2girls Why would you base the calibres performance on the stereophile review of the studio hd?  It's a completely different model

tubegroover,

Pitch and timbral accuracy are important to me and the De capo's are the only speakers -listed so far in this thread- which I have heard and I liked them.

The DeCapos are the least physically impressive in the posted photos. The ATC and the Alta both command a physical presence at least in the pictures. I can hardly wait until next Friday. All means and methods set aside this is going to be crazy fun for me. I have never attended an event like this one.

@tubegroover Yes you are correct it is woven so not perfectly smooth but look at the high resolution photo of the 3a on company website at the lover edge near 6 o’clock.... perhaps a trick of the light
i have some experience with composites so maybe I am just paranoid