Vandersteen 5a vs Quatro ct which do you choose?

Trying to decide. Have McIntosh 300w and McIntosh tube preamp. Listen to all music except Classical-and Rap. Room 25’ x 20’ carpet with listening spot app 12’ from front wall. Would appreciate thoughts plus and minus. Thanks
tooth2th
i think a call to JR or RV is good. I have owned 5a and now 7 and Treo CT, so perhaps you might call me biased.

your room is not an issue, especially ceiling height- Vandersteen engineers the tweeter height to be remarkably similar across the line...for a reason!!!! your floor is treated :-) w carpet...maybe add some natural diffusers....but the big virtue is powered bass and 11 bands of analog eq. the tweeter on the CT is better than the 5a
the subwoofer on the 5a is better....

competently setup w good source I would call it a draw. smaller rooms favor the Q

now if you are guying new, get the Quattro, pick your wood or automotive finish AND enjoy the ocassional upgrade opportunity as an origional owner...
stretch for the demo 5a Carbons on audiogon.......those are world class......yum

The new carbon tweeter was a significant improvement over what was in the previous Quatro, and it appears to be better than what’s in the 5a. I’m very happy with my CT’s.  In my 22 * 12 * 7 ft room, there’s plenty of tight, powerful and tuneful bass.