For those of us over 60..

What band's output would you say best describes you/your life as you see it?

For me, Allman Brothers
128x128slaw
I am between 61 and 63, weaned on Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker and Ry Cooder. 
@cousinbillyl ,

"We truly are the lucky generation."  Couldn't agree more!
Hmm...I took a look at the original post and it asked " What band's output would you say best describes you/your life as you see it?" Most of the replies indicated what the reader liked to listen to, which is cool. I enjoy seeing what others like to listen to. My response may be more to the point. One line from a George Harrison song (someone here will know the title) goes approximately: "If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there." In my case, I'm not sure what I started out to do, but here I am and I'm pretty content. I like being in my 60's, except for the aches and pains.

Being as timeless as they are, The Band have been on my turntable and in my CD players since 1969 (I didn’t "get" them until a year after Music From Big Pink came out, but for years have listened to that album every single day. Seriously.).

And you don’t more timeless than, or more applicable to the "human condition", than J.S. Bach. There were more geniuses in his time, and he was---and remains---the King of the hill.

I could live on a musical diet of just The Band and J.S. Bach if I had to, but I’d sure miss Dylan, Iris Dement, Buddy Miller, Dave Edmunds, Hank Williams, Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, Lucinda Williams, and all my other favorites. Luckily, we mid-century relics have our massive music libraries to elevate us out of the mundane. I truly pity young people; they are in for some bad times ahead. Hope reincarnation is a myth!

Hank Williams: "No matter how I struggle and strive, I’ll never get out of this wor-uld alive."

Yes: Tales from Topographic Oceans, or Husker Du: New Day Rising
(I'm schizophrenic)