Seeking subwoofer recommendation

I am looking for advice on a subwoofer to pair with Vandersteen 2CE speakers and a Rogue Cronus Magnum II integrated amp. It is my first foray into sub-ville, and I want a decent sub (new or used) for less than $500. I know there aren't stellar performers at this price-point - I just want to dip my toes in the water and see how the sub sound contributes to my system. Feel free to recommend subs up to $1000 if they are a much more worthy performer. I want something that will integrate well. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Room size is 18'x15' with brick walls, wood beam ceiling and fully rugged.
arturos73
Yes, M.
There’s an On/Off rocker type power switch and a standby toggle for always on/auto on (i.e., standby).
another vote for a Vandersteen sub...from the guy who made your main speakers sing 

My used RELs, bought at different times a few years ago, were around 200 bucks each and are amazingly good. A Q150e, and a Q108 MKII. Plus, there’s 2 of ’em which is gooder than one. I get that these prices were due to some luck, but I still I see nice used RELs in great shape here and there (mostly there) for pretty small bucks.