SOTA vs VPI (or stick with my Rega?)

I currently have a Rega Planar 3 (2016) with a Dynavector 10x5 that suits me and my record collection (mostly reggae, afrobeat, and jazz) but have been thinking about a turntable upgrade as my vinyl collection continues to expand.

Initially, I considered just a simple Groovetracer subplatter and upgraded counterweight, but am not sure if that is worthwhile. So now I've expanded the search to include a used SOTA Sapphire V or used VPI Prime/VPI Classic. I like the Rega's "PRAT" and no-nonsense design, but would be interested in getting more detail and cleaner, deeper bass out of my vinyl.

Any suggestions/advice/thoughts and alternatives welcome. THANKS!
For reference, my system consists of a Hegel H-160, Vandersteen Treos (non CT), Rega Planar 3, LFD Phonostage LE, and Dynavector 10x5. 
gritter2
Well, one man’s PRAT is another man’s ... PRAT 

What I mean is that the type of PRAT that the Rega has is different than the type of PRAT from a VPI, IMO. I think of Rega’s sonic signature as being tied to a more traditional British sound, such as from LS5 speakers listening to the BBC all day long in the 50s or 60s.

For me, the Rega kind of PRAT may be more noticeable than the VPI b/c that is more related to Rega’s signature sound. More emphasis on PRAT,  and long listening sessions without fatigue. VPI seems to have more emphasis on a fuller or more balanced sound from top to bottom than the VPI. So I think the VPI definitely has PRAT, but it is less conspicuous than the Rega. 

Ive heard Rega’s of course, but I chose a SCOUTMASTER II, with a 10.5 arm and Ortofon Black MM. A local Rega dealer of 20 years referred to the VPI TTs as having a “soft” sound.  I disagree, but I think that illustrates our preferences and differences. I like VPI PRAT, he likes Rega Prat. As such, one man’s PRAT is ... another man’s PRAT ...   

@gritter2 If you haven't decided yet, I have lot to say adding to the get a Sota over a VPI camp, but I won't post it if you are already set. Coming from a former top tier VPI owner. Cheers, 
Spencer 
@sbank thanks for your feedback. In the end, I purchased a used SOTA Sapphire V. I am quite enjoying it, and feel that I made the right decision for my needs/tastes. It seems to pair very nicely with the Dynavector 20x2L I added into the system. 
Congrats, @gritter2 !  One of the great things about your purchase is that it will be compatible with the upcoming Series VI that should be out sooner rather than later, according to Donna. She's playing her cards close to the vest, but you can hear the excitement in her voice :-) Cheers,
Spencer
While I'm sure you made a good decision, if you changed cartridges, it wasn't a fair comparison.