Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
ish - I am interested in your SW1. Please contact me via PM.
Regarding the boundary management software, I would only be guessing. I do know as you outline, that Jim would not have addressed the problem via EQ. I believe there are patents on what he did which you might search online and perhaps report back to us.

I share your phase control question.  I am using physical placement for an approximation of phase alignment. Someone said here that LTE can be use simultaneously with PXO to address phase. My speculation is that since the sub crossover is 4th order (high and low), and therefore adding 360° phase shift at xo, and given the very long wavelengths at those low frequencies . . . perhaps he thought plug and play was worth more than time alignment from a phase control. I don't know. Does anybody out there have any educated opinions?
Thieliste,

Try to audition a Coda CS.

Biased to class A for the first 8 watts and peak current of 100 amperes per channel. 300 WPC into 8 ohms and doubles down. 

It has no trouble driving my Thiel CS 5's that go below 2 ohms.

I am listening to "Joe Pass: Virtuoso" right now and the bass is vibrating in my body.

Ooh la la!

Dsper

Ish - Duh. I believe the SSs are all analog, so delays and so forth can't be easily implemented. For example, dsper's upper and lower mid drivers needed 3/8" and 1/2" time delay which took, if I remember correctly, more than 40 bucket brigade capacitor banks. Huge, expensive and specific to those parameters.  

ish_mail

Good to see you. Hope you are well and enjoying Summer.  Happy Listening!

Right On! dsper

"Virtuoso" is an excellent disc to test any system.  Happy Listening!