Eminent Technology LFT-8b's stacked arrangements

Bruce Thigpen's LFT-8b speakers were already amazing but I had to go for the stacked arrangement "The Poor Man's IRS V". I had already reconfigured one pair of LFT-8b's into a metal frames mounted to 50lb plates and then it occurred to me that a second ribbon and panel could be added without much effort. The result is not bad visually and of course the sound is truly great. One pair of bass drivers and two Dynaco stereo 400 series II amps are buried into the credenza. Anyone else setup like this?

128x128duglas

Damn, what a great idea! What you have there is basically the discontinued LFT-6, which are impossible to find. I know, I’ve been looking for a few years. Doubled LFT-8’s has been done before (by Douglas Schroeder), but in side-by-side configuration; stacked vertically is a much better idea.

Can you describe in more detail the metal frames, or post close-up pics? How are you wiring the panels? A pair of the magnetic-planar LFT drivers present an 11 ohm load to the power amp, so four of them can be run either in parallel or series. Thanks---Eric (owner of both LFT-8b’s and LFT-4’s).

Two things, I am also interested in a double pair of the LFT-VIIIb's how would you hook them up to a stereo amp or monoblocks?
I have the LFT-16's on 24 " stands what a very nice monitor speaker, anyone in the market for stand mounted speakers should give these a listen.
Thanks! Here’s are a few more photos of the original repackaged LFT-8b’s before I stacked to give you a better view of the frame and base.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xxurauwqkuvx28n/AABrqJyoQi2RCNwVUb5iijiYa?dl=0

They are wired simply one speaker per channel as per normal. So I have two amps. Worked pretty well running two speakers per amp but I didnt want to blow up my amp or compromise spl :-) The metal frames are welded steel “hollow rectangular bar” with a cross section of roughly 1/2” x 1 1/2” and with a few coats of clear coating. The first pair I mounted by drilling through and bolting. The second set I tapped and screwed not wanting to disassemble for drill press (should have done that the first time). Btw with 50lb plates and the bass cabinet on top they are very difficult to topple over.