Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I've lived with the Pass Labs x150.8 on my Thiel 2.4s for a little over a week now and I am absolutely astonished at what a change this has wrought, both over the Bryston 4b3 which I had for a little over a week and my long term reference, the Aesthetix Atlas.  At first I wondered if the Pass midrange wasn't a bit too ripe and the top was a bit soft but the Pass brings together a density of texture in orchestral swells that sound alot like real symphonic music to me (and I attend about 16 or so Atlanta Symphony concerts every season).  The Bryston sounds thin in the lower midrange than the Pass, again it is a wholly different sound that anyone could recognize over the Bryston.  Its an improvement to a lesser degree over the Aesthetix Atlas as well.  The Pass renders music that is simply beautiful, liquid, incredibly detailed but also with a richness of tone that is hard to describe.  You owe it to yourself to try the Pass on your Thiels.  I am so convinced that I'm contemplating giving the Pass preamp maybe the x12 a try.  Also as a reminder I was prepared to spend more on my amp than the Pass x150.8 buying instead into the XA series of monoblocks but Kent at Pass convinced me to spend alot LESS, convincing me to go with his recommendation.  The x150.8 is plenty of power.  Its not cheap but its just flat out amazing.  You have to hear it.
congrats Pwhinson.  sounds like you hit a home run with the Pass amp.

Professor:  do you have a small stereo shop in your home.   that is a heck of a speaker collection. 

pwhinson

Thank You for the update. I look forward in reading more about your aural thoughts/impressions on the Pass Labs.  Happy Listening!

AudioMachina and the original Ohm's with genuine Walsh drivers might be added to the above list of time coherent designs.