Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
"quick impressions reveal that the tonal balance of the speaker shifts noticeably with my Prima Lunas "

That is what I would expect with most tube amps given the variable impedance of the Ohms at various frequencies as I understand it.

The CLass D Bel Canto amps would do very well in terms of maintaining proper tonal balance in the low end I believe.

My belief is that somewhat higher damping factors (>10 say) also benefit and I did look for that also when choosing an amp.
Looks like all ohms have a thick metallic grill around the driver, does it not hinder the sound?
Deadlyvj,

It's not a thick metallic grille, but more of a thin wire mesh material with what looks like some sort of foam liner. And it's supposed to be acoustically transparent.
I actually removed the grill/can on one of my Ohm speakers to find out if it was interfering with it's sound and could not detect any difference.
"Acoustically transparent"
Is there a reason why there is a cover over the drivers?