Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
I've had a great time reading this thread. I've listened to the MW talls in Ohm's Brooklyn factory and I have owned the Walsh super-2-S3; its the new Ohm walsh 100 driver in an old Walsh-2 pyramidal cabinet. I too enjoyed the bass, coherency, and soundstage...but I had problems with precise imaging. I've also considered the Totem line and debated getting the Hawks but was always intrigued by the Arro.

I'm NOT writing the hijack the thread, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents regarding the most inexpensive but best performing of all the speakers mentioned here; the Monitor Audio RS6. I got a new pair for $750 and I'm stunned at their performance. They best the Walsh in my space and to my taste.

Now, if I could only get the Micro walsh, Totem arro, and MA RS6 in the same room!

Cheers!!
Marcus,

I think while the imaging is excellent on the ohm speakers, you will never get the same precision you'll find in a traditional dynamic speaker. Likewise, while you can find great imaging in a dynamic speaker, you'll never find the same openness and wide sweet spot the Ohms give you in a traditional speaker. Every design has trade-offs and as you've said the room is key. Like you also said it would be great to have more than one speaker to listen to! I plan on adding another setup with a traditional speaker but I don't see myself getting rid of the Ohms to do this. Enjoy the RS6's! I've heard good things about them :)
ZOWIE!!

I finally got to play some vinyl with the Ohm's, the refurbed SOTA Sapphire and my newly built Bottlehead Seduction phono stage. I threw Dire Straights' "Brothers In Arms" on the TT and was mesmerized.

The guitars on "So Far Away" absolutely filled my listening room. "Walk Of Life" had amazing stage depth.... the hi-hat on the opening bars sounded several feet in back of of the rear wall of the room. Cool! More to come...
Rebbi,

A device with a name like "Bottlehead Seduction" has to sound great!

Seriously, glad your experiencing some magic moments!

We had a bunch of people over yesterday and I had to push the big Ohm 5's only 6 inches or so from the rear wall and have been listening to them there.

I'm really liking what I'm hearing even so close to the rear wall. There seems to be a swag of extra authority and meat to the bones with the rear wall re-enforcing the rendering. Imaging accuracy and depth of sound stage is still quite good as well.

I was playing an old vinyl recording of Bach music performed by E. Power Biggs on pipe organ on Columbia Masterworks label earlier and it was quite an involving experience. I'm not sure one could pull this configuration off as well from what I've read with other more true omnis.
mapman, I don't have any other phono stage to compare the Seduction to, but it sounds awfully good to me right now!