Monitor Audio Pl 300ii vs. KEF Reference 5

I own the KEF Reference 5s.  I borrowed the Monitor Audio Pl300 ii speakers for comparison, which is still under way.  Thoughts so far:  Both are good speakers.  The KEFs provide a lot of detail.  Listening to classical music, you can hear orchestral instruments and sections pretty clearly.  Background and counter melodies can be identified. Piano music is very realistic.  The MAs do not provide as much instrumental detail but they do have a more mellow, deeper, broader sound.  Which is better is really a matter of personal choice.  As I said, I’m still listening so these are some quick preliminary reactions.  More later.  
fast
fast, my only remaining question is how far away from the wall are your speakers? The front/center of mine are 75", and toed-in so they intersect at my listening position. This has served me well for 7-8 years, though some folks don't have the same placement options due to the WAF situation.

It sounds as though our rooms are set up in nearly identical fashion, except for speaker placement (distance)? from the wall.

Best of luck with your speaker choice/setup. By the way, my speakers, custom Tannoy 12" Dual Concentric ca 1975, though highly modified w/very heavy cabinets, and other mods as well.

Regards,
Dan
Dan,
My speakers are 26 inches from the rear wall and 32 inches from one side wall, 44 inches from the other (for waf and aesthetic reasons).  I may experiment with moving them equidistant from the side walls.  They are slightly toed in but I’m also experimenting with this.  Very frustrating trying to compare the Monitor Audios and KEFs since they each have strengths and weaknesses but hard to say which reproduces music better.  Still listening.  
I’m not familiar with the Tannoys but I do like British speakers.  My previous speakers were Proac Response 3.5, Proac Response 3, Celestion 700, Celestion 600.  
@ fast

"The MAs do not provide as much instrumental detail but they do have a more mellow, deeper, broader sound"
I have to say, you perfectly nailed my impression of the PL 300 II when I heard them in Houston.  It seemed like they had way too much bass relative to the amount of highs.  The bass seemed out of control, and it was not a small room.

bo1972,
I know that this is a pointless question, but I will ask one more time anyway. Since you will not share your proprietary information, why do you persist in talking about it endlessly? What is the point in doing that, and how does it benefit anyone? Is it that you want members to ask you how they can buy your services? I'm guessing that must be it. If it is, you should take out a classified advertising your services. You might do well, and your customers might then justify your claims and make you even more successful.  
People often blame the loudspeakers. But.....in reality the mistakes are often due to other parts. Based on the fact that most people have not a lot of insight and knowledge regarding sound, the acoustics, smog, magnetism, high frequent noise they asume that the problems are caused by the loudsoeakers. This proofs how complex sound is and that peolle need to look further before they can understand the real reasons which causes the limitations.

I did send a new client to hear the PL-200 II at an audioshop who work by trial and error. I wanted to make him understand that a PL-200 II is a totally different loudspeaker in their world compared to the Tru-Fi world.

He said the same about the low frequencies as mentioned above. But....you need to understand the loudspeakers first before you can understand which kind of amp, source and cables you should use.

The Platinum serie has by far the best response of the mid en low freq drivers in their price range and even far above. Based on the fact that their material (ceramics with aluminium and carbon fiber) are lighter and they do no use a voice coil like all the other brands. This gives them a lot less compression and a lot more energy even at low volume.

But....due to the acoustics most create limitations regarding the energy of the Platinum loudspeakers. The other limitation is that most amps are not great in delivering enough current.

Becaus in the Tru-Fi world we can proof that we have a superior controlled low freq. range and this with much more layers than with any other brand in this price range and far above it. The other benefit is that the energy is fully free for the loudspeaker. You can feel the energy of the instruments in front of you far away of where the speakers are positioned.

The other thing what is done wrong by many shops and also during reviews is the fact that they do not understand how AMT tweeters works. And how they need ot be used the right way. We have proven that we can create much more details with them compared to other loudspeakers in the same price range.

We will place different reviews of clients soon who will confirm this by comparing their loudspeaker they used before the Platinum loudspeakers. Sound always will tell the truth. Each single person can hear it himself and compare it with his own loudspeakers.

We do audio by shootout so people can compare their trial and error system vs a Tru-Fi system. People will always want theat system that impresses them the most. And what creates the most emotional experience during listening to their own music.