Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Hi All,

This may be a dumb question based on earlier responses to my post about treble glare at high volumes.

Is it possible to improve the treble sound by using  an amplifier that stays in Class A longer?

My Coda CS stays in Class A for the first ten watts. If another amp stayed in class A, say, for 20 watts, could it sound better in the treble at high volumes?

Does anyone possible know the bias for a McCormack DNA-500 amp?

Thanks for the help!

Dsper

pwhinson

Thank You for the 1st report on your Pass Labs amp as it compares to the Bryston 4B3. I look forward in reading more on your impressions and aural thoughts between these two brands.  Happy Listening!

Well after listening to the Pass 150.8 on my Thiel 2.4s all weekend it still seems true that the Pass is a little thick in the lower midband (kinda like me) during orchestral swells.  There's that little bit of homogenization there but on everything else it seems to be a great combo.  On vocals in particular its an amazing combo.  So I'll probably still try an ARC amp this week but I'm less inclined to try the expensive Ayre monoblocks.  I'll report more later...stay tuned.  And yes I was tempted to try the new PS Audio amp but only the stereo amp is really within my budget and its a similar topology to the Aesthetix Atlas which I already have and like "okay" but that one is probably going to get sold.