Deleted Threads by Admin??

I’ve read a lot of threads where folks complain about the Administrators removing entire threads. While I have no reason to disbelieve the Admins might in fact remove threads, I discovered by accident that the OP’s can also delete their thread(s). (I did so last weekend when I discovered my premise of the thread was false.) When I clicked on my self-deleted thread, the “error” prompt I received was that the Admin removed the thread. So there appears a couple paths whereby a thread can be removed from the forum.
128x128celander
@celander   What are you talking about?  I was the first one to respond to your thread about threads being deleted after I just had a thread I initiated deleted.  That must mean I'm trying to hijack your thread about that very topic?

@onhwy61 @nonoise  Fair enough.  I think the original thread did contain what could be considered "politically charged references."  It is very hard to discuss culture devoid without political references.  I believe my first post in this thread avoided that.    

@cleeds Thanks for your thoughtful response above.  Some contemporary philosophers see the shift to Post Modernism happening as appeals to the primacy of feelings over reason and facts are indicators of such.  

Imagine being able to beam someone from the 1960's to 2018.  I think he/she would pass out from culture shock!

So @celander  what should we talk about?🧐
@hifiman5 your first post seemed well put. Your second post seems to relate to what your now-deleted thread concerned.

It’s your choice whether to answer a poster’s question, like the one @cleeds asked you regarding following up with the administrators about their decision to delete your thread. I would have loved to hear that feedback, which is one example of something we can all learn from here.

I’m not concerned about what gets posted here, provided it doesn’t lead to a moderator taking an action to remove it. If one looks at several posts already made here, many are inviting moderators to review and remove them. Not only does this provide a disservice to those who take time to respond to a now-deleted post, but it also disrupts the flow of the discussion.
@hifiman5 ,
I completely understand, but since both of us noticed it, it's not hard to see how the mods picked up on it as well. Maybe going up the ladder of abstraction and using a more generalized term of reference instead of a talking point or meme would have gone unnoticed. 

All the best,
Nonoise
I remember the 1960's and I haven't passed out. It doesn't appear to be all that  different. I knew people then who never believed we landed on the moon and some still don't,  there have always been idiots who dissmiss facts, reason and truth. 
@djones51 I’m not talking about remembering and reminiscing. I mean take a person who’s life is in the 60’s and beam him to the here and now. Forget the shock over the obvious tech. developments...imagine their shock at living in a world where a great many people recognize the existence of more than two genders! JFK ( he was an idol to a very young me) would be a middle of the road Republican now.

In the alternative, imagine how folks from our time would react to the world to come 50 years hence.😯