Perfect Path Technologies: Omega E mat

I’m curious about this product from Perfect Path Technologies and would like to hear from those that have experience with it. I’ve bought and used the Total Contact enhancer and like what it does for my system so I’m interested in hearing how this Omega E mat performs. 
t_ramey
fleschler,

I notice the same thing with some of the early stereo jazz recordings (Cannonball Adderley’s Somethin’ Else, for example). I suspect it is in the recording(s), or possibly the mastering.
fleschler & tommylion ...

A lot of the early stereo jazz recording were recorded in what seems like dual mono. In my experience, the early Blue Note records are the worst offenders. The Contemporary stereo recordings are some of the best records produced during the 50's & 60's. Contemporary recordings in mono have excellent SQ as well. 

t_ramey ...

I'll try an E Mat under my router later today and report back. I've pasted all connections on my computer with TC to great effect, especially on the picture and sound.

Frank
I just returned from my 94 year old Mother's apartment. "How is the sound from your streaming computer system? It became more open this morning she replied. It is sounding very good. Today is day 4 with the E Mat at the circuit breaker and another one on top of the PS Audio DAC.

For fun we tried the Mat  being front to back, side to side, and label up or down. She heard small differences with each position and settled with lettering facing down toward the DAC and the long direction of the MAT going in a front to back direction.

Tommy Dorsey was sounding good when I left. I have not tried on top of her computer or at her Router - signal is sent by hard wire to computer.

It will be interesting to hear her system at the end of next week.

David Pritchard
Just a thought,

John McDonald of Audience AV, in a recent interview mentioned “Currently we are investigating nanotechnology (nano-conductive sprays and nano-substrate deposits) and their uses to improve sonics.”  Seems like this delusion is spreading.🤯

Keep up the good work Tim.

rc

@davidpritchard nice that your Mother gets to hear the improvements. I was wondering if you had considered removing the SR Tranquility Bases and just use the Omega E Mat on it’s own to determine if the mat works better that way. It would be interesting to test.

@t_ramey I’m also curious about the effects the Mat has on streaming. In recent experiments with the fidata server I have had good results reducing the noise floor by stacking Bybee’s on top and under the Aqvox switch and my hub. So if the Omega Mat is better than the Bybee’s (which according to some reviews it is) the results should be considerably better, even with one mat. Btw I have had amazing results using different LAN cables between the switch and the fidata. The fidata is a server only, not a streamer, but despite that I can clearly hear the differences between LAN cables. This must be due to a further reduction in noise and RFI rejection. Out of the LAN cables tried, Aqvox, Vovox, Meicord and Sablon, the Sablon was the clear winner, much more open and detailed by some margin.  It’s very stiff though, but looks like a work of art.