Best Processor around 1500.00

I need a Processor to get me by until all the HDMI processors come out next year. I am looking at the Meridian 568.2 and the Cary Cinema 11. Any others you would like to recommend. I would like to spend between 1500.00 to 2000.00
128x128mlawitm
First off, the Emotiva ain't out yet, nor is the interesting new Outlaw.

Second, if this is merely a stop-gap, try a used Integra 9.8. Should be able to pick one up for under $1k and sell it for about the same later. Since it does almost everything that the units on the horizon will do, it will give you a good education and make you ready for the new pre/pro.

Kal
Get a CAL SSP-2500 while waiting for HDMI. It's the best bang for the buck from the audio section like the one below. This used to cost $5000 at new and it's the most sounding and flexible pre-amp I ever owned and I have owned quite a few from Theta, Krell to Meridian and Bryston.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homeproc&1233704245&/California-Audio-Labs-cl-2500-

QN
I just got the cary 11a to many issues I don't think they will resolve they are just to new to hdmi, it is most likely getting returned. I would look at the integra 9.9. It seems like the best bang for the buck and everyone that has one loves it.