Dahlquist DQ10

New user, first post. I don't consider myself an audiophile...haha.  I have the opportunity to purchase a set of DQ 10's @ $375 for the pair.  Been on the 'Google' researching but figured I'd just get some new info here.  Is this a good deal?  They have been re-foamed but no tweaking of the electronics.  Seller says they have not been used much.  Will my Yamaha RX V677  7.1 SS receiver have sufficient power for these if used in 2 channel mode?  I find conflicting opinions about this.  I remember these when they first came out in the 70's and the reviews were fantastic.  Just wonder if they still compare to today's speakers.  Thanks!
128x128sejodiren
Picked them up...hooked them up.   All I can say is I'm blown away. Have played several records I'm very familiar with.....most notably a '77 copy of Aja, some Count Basie, Zappa, Brand X, Art Pepper, Tomita.... I heard things I've never heard before. Also some digital 'net radio' and now some Donald Fagan-Nightfly on CD..... Now I need to re-arrange some furniture. Also, got the owners manual with it. Looks like it was kept pressed in a book. Mint also.... All original Dahlquist electronics on the crossover boards. I listened also with my sub on....added some bottom end which is probably lacking due to not enough power? I think they sound incredible without the sub. All in all, I'm a happy camper! Thanks for the advice. And now I know what imaging is all about!
You really lucked out on those speakers!
I wish I had more room, I'd get a pair myself.
Bob
I bought a new pair when they were released back in the day. Had to sell them when I moved into my college dorm room. Wish I hadn’t. 

Besides checking the crossover caps, I recommend replacing the woofers. Their surrounds are likely rotten. I bought another pair of DQ-10’s from an eBay seller about 15 years ago and inserted them into a system with a 200WPC amp powering them. The woofers gave way in the first 10 min of moderate levels of music, with detachment of the cones from the surrounds and driver frames.