Dahlquist DQ10

New user, first post. I don't consider myself an audiophile...haha.  I have the opportunity to purchase a set of DQ 10's @ $375 for the pair.  Been on the 'Google' researching but figured I'd just get some new info here.  Is this a good deal?  They have been re-foamed but no tweaking of the electronics.  Seller says they have not been used much.  Will my Yamaha RX V677  7.1 SS receiver have sufficient power for these if used in 2 channel mode?  I find conflicting opinions about this.  I remember these when they first came out in the 70's and the reviews were fantastic.  Just wonder if they still compare to today's speakers.  Thanks!
128x128sejodiren
Well, made the purchase.  They have been owned by an engineer since new.  Not a mark or ding on them.  Wood grain with the sorta beige covers.  He lives in the retirement home down the street and was selling them in their in house thrift store.  They had them hooked up to a small Sony SS receiver....maybe 30 wpc at most.  I was pretty impressed with the sound even at the low volume.  rodmann99999-they have the shiny yellow caps.  Gonna pick them up friday morning....now I just need to figure out placement in my living room....haha
A bargain at that price! Still a superb sounding speaker! And not embarrassed by today's big-buck speakers! I too own a pair with upgraded woofers and x-overs. Plus custom stands and new black grill cloth. The price: $375 - and the seller was only 5 miles from me! So I rushed over and snagged them before anybody else!
I had a pair for several years and really enjoyed them...At that price I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.