Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
jafant,
I have the MFSL gold CD for SNF and, yeah, it was a GREAT CD version.
I haven't really investigated the best pressings for SNF in vinyl - picked this one up at a record show and was told by someone in the know it's the most recent release.

The other thing about the coax driver design in both the 3.7 and the 2.7 is the coherency achieved!   Try as I might I just can not "hear out" any tweeter sound from the midrange.  It just sounds perfectly meshed together.  Even the most challenging material - sibilance on female singers, or listening to a violin play up and down it's highest registers - perfect coherence.  No mechanical tell-tale signs at all, just a voice, or instrument playing, without any cues the sound is passing between different drivers.
Prof, as a technical note, that wavy driver behaves better than any of the previous cone drivers as well as supports the tweeter wave-form launch very nicely. Therefore the direct series crossover path is simpler than any previous Thiel driver. Jim had always corrected for slope anomalies in all the drivers, which puts additional components in the signal path. In the x.7 models, fewer components are required because the fundamental driver performance is so good. Part of what you hear is the thrill of nothingness. 

I am glad to hear your enthusiasm.

My present work on prior models is to refine the required passive components to minimize their contribution to the signal. Most of the parts are on-hand for my PowerPoint experiments which will also inform beetlemania's CS2.4SE upgrade. We can't brag about vaporware, but I am pretty excited about the potential improvements.
Good to see you as always - tomthiel
Thank You for the PowerPoint / CS 2.4SE updates. I know that you guys have been researching and working hard on this tasker. Having a little fun along the way helps as well. No doubt that you and your team are going to become a success with this endeavor.
Happy Listening!
I concur  - prof
to my ears, the CS 2.4 through CS 3.7 loudspeaker models have incredible coherency. After I overcame the overtly rich timbre of these speakers, I noticed how remarkable the coherent factor, top to bottom. 
I consider myself very fortunate to have had such auditioning sessions prior to any purchase.
Happy Listening!