Phono Preamp Recommendations

I realize this is a fairly open ended question but I’m looking for recommendations for a phono preamp. Would like to keep it under 3k but am flexible. I’m using a Pro-Ject Xtension 12, Sumiko Palos Santos moving coil cartridge through the phono preamp in a Mytek Brooklyn+ DAC. Amp is a Hegel H160 integrated and Wilson Sabrina speakers. I’m not familiar with tubes but wouldn’t rule them out. I haven’t started auditioning phono preamps yet but would like some recommendations to start the process. The preamp in the Mytek is good but I believe my system would benefit from a dedicated phono preamp. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
128x128wally1966
wally1966, I might suggest saving a few dollars and taking a look at the Tavish Design Adagio Vacuum Tube Phono Stage for MM and MC. 

At $1,790 this is a phenomenally good performer. I just re-tubed mine after 2.5 years of service, and am blown away with the results of a modest tube "upgrade".

Scott always seems to have a waiting list for this model, but the sound quality and the solid direct to consumer value it represents make it well worth the wait. 

He's also a genuinely good guy to work with, and has been very patient and responsive to me with any questions. 

Good luck in your search! 

All the Best,

Rob     
Sutherland 20/20.  I love mine and it is so transparent as to make other changes easily noticeable.  Price hasn't changes since its introduction in 2011 I believe and it should be a $3K phono by rights.  Stereophile class A  and it sounds every bit of it.  
I’ll second the thumbs up on the Sutherland 20/20. It sounds like music, and I can offer no greater recommendation on any piece of gear than it sounds like music, not hifi. I have met Ron several times at Rocky Mtn. Audio Fest, (he co-founded Martin Logan) great guy, great stuff made in Kansas City.