Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
@cal3713 

Could you expand on your opinion of the media server aspect portion please?
I assume it has a wired lan input and can stream Tidal et al?
@uberwaltz Yes, I've got it hardwired (although it can also connect via wifi) and have been exclusively using the upnp input. I stream tidal using bubbleupnp via my phone and an Android tablet. So far, everything has worked perfectly. It automatically shows up as a renderer for the bubbleupnp player, and the player can be used to control the volume, advance track, etc. The lyngdorf (and it's online control interface) report the bit rate accurately. So far, it's been considerably better than ps audios implementation in the bridge 2. With it, I would regularly have problems and have to reboot to see the bridge or fix song cueing (and had to leave my tablet's screen on whenever listening to minimize those problems). All that seems to have gone away with lyngdorf's implementation. 

I also learned that they're now implementing a Bluetooth input. It's not working yet (per customer service), but supposedly after the next SW update you'll be able to stream music to the unit from any Bluetooth device. 
I'll actually be curious whether wifi ends up having better signal quality. I know some manufacturers are recommending putting a network switch with a linear power supply and a special grounding wire in front of the last Ethernet that goes into any network player. Seems like Wifi will keep all those electrical issues out of the chain. 

As I alluded to in the first post of this entire thread, my experience with the ps audio bridge led me to be a firm believer in network based audio. The bridge network input is just so much better than the usb connection. 
@cal3713

Thank you very much for the prompt and informative response, helps a lot!

@cal3713 

Really looking forward to your comparison against the 300b franks. I own a pair too, and am wanting to replace it with the 3400.