lyngdorff 3400

any owners out there? i’m considering for my system driving sonus faber sonnetto viii’s given room control as the room set up is not ideal. 

thanks 

128x128steveg137

Their room correction technology is excellent.  The real question is if its sound characteristics are inline with your tastes/system, so if you haven’t already read as many reviews as you can to see if it offers the base sound characteristics you’re looking for.  Also, if you have a turntable its signal will be digitized if that’s at all a concern.  Hope this helps, and best of luck.

thanks.

yes i need to audition it for sure. 

im strictly streaming these days so wont need the phono stage. 

the room correction feels like a game changer as our room is not optimal, speakers in front of large windows and not far enough out etc.

thanks again !

Lyngdorf Room Perfect is really good. I had Marantz and Lexicon before and its much better. At least to my ears. I have a MP 40 but the room correction is the same as the 3400.  

I have the 3400 and had the 2170 before that. Both are really good IMO. The extra power of the 3400 is appreciated. I like the tune-ability of the 3400 and it’s a little more dynamic. Most amps when you turn them up IME get shouty at some point. The Lyngdorf does not seem loud at 90+db but the subs and mains are in perfect harmony to my ears from room perfect. Turn off room perfect and it sounds like a mess comparatively. 

I would like to hear the M33 as well. I like in theory the Lyngdorf method of basically being a powered DAC though. 0 hiss through speakers at any volume and the sound character does not change from a whisper to 100db. It also does not sound like any class D I’ve ever owned. It’s very smooth. Does not sound like tunes and does not sound like solid state. Other thing is the room correction. Maybe the Dirac is great, I’ve never tried it. I did have a Micromega M100 with room correction and it was a complete POS although the amp on its own sounded kinda nice. 

one thing is I don’t see refurbed Lyngdorf units for sale. Maybe that’s a sales model or maybe they don’t sell as many. NAD historically does not have the best reliability ratings from what I’ve read. I did have a slightly fading screen with my 2170. Sent it in they paid shipping both ways to Denmark and shipped it back within 2 weeks. 

I considered this when I was looking. Went in another (better, IMO) direction.

which was ?

You beat me to it, but then again it is secretguy so we may never know. 

More to discover