DEDICATED CD PLAYER $1K AND UNDER, THOUGHTS?

Hello All. I'm considering upgrading my Marantz CD5005 cd player. I have enough silver disks to warrant treating them right. The Marantz has been ok but getting longer in tooth. I was curious as to what my fellow 'Goners have heard in the above price range that represent good values (new or used is fine). Amp is a Rogue Sphinx and speakers are new Magnepan MMGi's. Listening tastes are blues, classic rock and a smattering of jazz...Input appreciated...
128x128beernut
Also I have the same Marantz player - which sounds super clear and detailed. It holds a warm place in my heart and opened the door to hi-FI for me.  Moving up should pull a lot more “soul” from your discs. I’m continually wowed by the players I upgraded to. Let us know what you get!
would agree with Kalali,,,,Have two of the denafrips DACs...have never had better digital sound in my system. will blow away the stock dac chip set in your CD player. don't waste your money on another CD player....for a similar sonic experience....even the entry level Denafrips Ares is a smoking buy, nothing comes close for under 2k.

The other option is to do what a few others suggested and exact copy the CDs to a drive using a server to play the tracks....bit error rates on Hard drives are much better than on optical drives.
Well, I just snagged a mint Opportunity universal player for the one box solution angle. I can always add the day down the road. Thank you all for the great input!
We have a modified a Onkyo NS-6170. In shootouts it outperformed the most epensive SACD players of Marantz even with 16 bit 44.1 khz recordings. Audio is all about effectness and result.
Post removed