Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
In a holding pattern for now. Tom Thiel should get the custom Clarity caps by the end of the month. I do have my Multicaps now but don’t plan to use them until I build the new boards. In the meantime, I hope to identify any substantial cabinet resonances. And I’m enjoying the SEs with the Mills resistors. Probably the most cost-effective tweak I’ve done.
Since I was behind the scenes, it is normal for folks to be confused. As Beetle says, I was part of the mix from the beginning. Before co-founding Thiel Audio in the mid 70s with Jim and Kathy plus two more indispensible players, I had been a singer-songwriter-guitarist at the college coffeehouse level, had done some recording and had a producing art-craft studio with Walter Kling, another of the founding members. We made various artifacts of our own design - I made about 500 stringed instruments by the time Thiel Audio usurped my life. Fred Collopy, a college friend of mine joined us as business manager and Kathy stepped up for marketing and we decided to give speakers a try.  The Strata-gee.com interview from earlier this year scratches the surface pretty well.

Regarding Jim's records; they were detailed and extensive. They are missing in action through the change-of-ownership. I hope to recover them, or access to them. I agree, they are foundational for any real progress going forward.
Thank You - tomthielWas Bob Dylan an influence on your singer-songwriter Coffeehouse years?Not  a bad idea to have a Musician on staff in a loudspeaker-making company. You guys certainly had all bases covered. Hope you guys are well out there.Happy Listening!
Thank You for the update - beetlemaniayou guys have fun and take your time researching and testing the gear, materials.Happy Listening!
Jay, my songs included Dylan, Leonard Cohen and many of the more insight and art driven folk fare of the time with a focus on my own music and that of our folk trio built around a female vocalist-arranger. We applied the seriousness of youth without any thought of making a living at it. A huge lesson for me was the radical difference between any recording and the live event and that commercially produced music could not be counted on as a reference. Record-making is a deep jungle.