Is a GREAT turntable under $2000 possible???

Howdy folks-

I’m really enjoying my current set up and return to 2.1 channel listening and Home Theater. Here’s what I’ve got:

-Mc402 Amp
-Anthem Mrx 520
-Oppo 103 Bdp with Scott Nixon tube dac
-Mac Mini with a Scott Nixon Usb tube dac
-Audience and Wireworld cables
-Tekton Electron speakers

I’d like to introduce vinyl to my evening listening pleasure. Any recommendations for a turntable (including arm, cartridge, etc) under $2000? Is this a reasonable figure? I have no clue when it comes to turntables so any advice given is surely appreciated.

Brent

128x128knollbrent
Any opinions on the use of Groove Glide? I ordered the cleaning set but will wait till I hear back regarding those that have tried it and their opinions. Thanks!
Sounds an excessive budget especially given your equipment.

For $800 you can do very well.

I use a refurbished PL550 TT in burl magnolia veneer with a Denon DL-110 cartridge...check out my system

I wanted vintage FM radio vinyl sound - and it is exactly what I want from vinyl.

just to comment on noromance

"$2k? Maybe not off the shelf but you can certainly do what I did. Source a clean Garrard 401 for about $800. Make or buy a layered birch ply plinth and add a 12" Jelco 750 arm for $550. Optionally add an Audiosilente idler for $100. Add brass feet and sit table on solid level support and you will have a great table."

I just did this last year and good luck finding a good Garrard 401 for under $2000.

I got a my  Garrard 301 and Jelco 12incher (new) and had a plinth made total cost just over $4k so I think under $2k is not going to happen unless you get really lucky finding a good Garrard Table to start with that doesn't need repair or upgrading-overhaul. Most Garrard tables now are in the $1500-3000 depending on the condition.

Now I am totally happy with the table and would recommend it to anyone.

hi brent, hope things are sounding great!
just a few comments about some of your questions-
some LPs can sound crackly even after being cleaned- but very few. if you have lots of LPs that sound noisy something in the cartridge setup might be off- possibly VTA too high?  
groove glide- don’t have a need for it.
i use this to quickly clean the LP before setting the tonearm down-
https://www.lpgear.com/product/AT6012.html

it’s the best brushing device I have ever used and tried them all. takes a little work but it does remove all dust etc. prior to a spin. i just rotate the LP by hand while using the brush.

also i use this cleaner ~ once a week or so for the stylus- some gunk just cannot be removed with the brush alone. a bottle of this has lasted 2 years and it’s still nearly full!

peace and happy listening!
https://www.lpgear.com/product/AT0607.html