Yanni or Laurel?

Is this why some reviewers/audiophiles hear differences others can't?

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/05/dont-rest-on-your-laurels/560483/

I only hear Laurel and my wife only hears Yanni.  
ihor
My post was hinting about how there is likely going to be a strong correlation in the fuse and cable debate, and where that person stands in the fuse/cable debate..vs whether they hear yanni or laurel.

I suspect that some minimal majority at the least, of the fuse ’non believers’ will be of the laurel type.
That some minimal majority of some sort, that hear yanni, will be of the fuse believing type.

If there isn’t then that will also explain another critical point, one that is slightly deeper in the puzzle vs proofing game..
Ie, if the proposition is wrong than that is just one more excellent data point that is just as useful.
Time for a poll?
It has to be done now, while there are enough people looking.
I've been thinking more about this, and I think it happens all the time with our other senses. What about smell, or taste? There are lots of people who think peas are good, but I think they taste like crap. Now I see it. Peas don't taste like crap to those who like them, as I don't think many people would like crap. What about colors? Tons of evidence on people seeing different colors. So now we have something different with sound. It's not that surprising after all.
I think that there is a system reproduction difference.  I listened to it a half dozen through the stock speakers on my flat screen TV, and it is VERY clearly Yanni.  However, if I play the exact same clip through my home theater speakers, it is very clearly Laurel.  I've tested the room response of my home theater and know it to be very flat.  To me it looks like the clip sounds like Yanni on systems that do not evenly cover the full range of audible frequency...
papagiorgio
I think that there is a system reproduction difference.  I listened to it a half dozen through the stock speakers on my flat screen TV, and it is VERY clearly Yanni.  However, if I play the exact same clip through my home theater speakers, it is very clearly Laurel. 
It's not that simple. I've had several people listen to the same file at the same time through the same system; some hear "Yanni," some "Laurel."

Of course, that's not to say that it might not sound different, depending on the system.

All I hear is "Laurel."