Proac Response D30 DS

I currently own Proac Studio 140MKII which I’m very satisfiedwith ,sound is detailed and punchy soundstage is vast and dynamic are terrific I run it with McIntosh pre / power system with good results .
In the past I considered upgrading to Response D48R but realized that my listening room is relatively small and maybe I will have to upgrade to better McIntosh power amp to move them properly so decided that the D48R is really not for me.
I am considering now an upgrade to the Proac D30 DS( the dome tweeter version because I understood that dome tweeters last longer than Ribbon ones ) but no chance to make a demo in my country. I guess the overall sound wil be improved-more transparency,details and better soundstage- but I am afraid that moving from 2.5 speakers to 2 way ones will reduce the dynamics and bass I already have with my current Studio 140 MKII ? Is the the D30 a substantial step up over the 140 MKII ?
itzhak1969
I had been a Proac owner (many of them in the 90's until about 8 years ago.  When I heard the VAndesteen's for similar prices, it was a no brainer for ME, but the Proac's are all great speakers.  Get in touch with Rutan.  It's a free no brainer to me.  The guy has sold Vandy's and Proac's, Maggies and B&W for years and years.  He is a great set up guy and gives legit answers on set up etc...
Just now noticed the drivers of the new D30 RS made of pulp which I heard before in the Studio 148 (Proac stop to sell this model last year) and didn’t like at all it lacks the delicacy,clarity and transparency of the carbon fiber drivers which I currently have with mine Studio 140MKII and were implemented in the previous generation the D30 R too. The D30 RS are not for me I guess...
I will stick to the 140MKII , really love them and they are ideal to my room size.
"The D30 RS are not for me I guess...
I will stick to the 140MKII , really love them and they are ideal to my room size."
itzhak1969-The 30s with the carbon fiber drivers come up for sale on the used market. If you really like them you can get them used. I did and I am VERY happy listening to them.
I decided to be open minded , still considering to buy the new Proac D30 RS once the funds allow to .The D48R is not suitable to my limited space the D30 will be probably fine .
Last week I heard the D20 at my dealer show room and completely loved this speakers effortless and natural sound . it’s much better than my Proac Studio 140MKII and the D30 will be probably much better than both of them.
@itzhak1969,I am glad you made this decision. I searched the net and found on some forums that people preferred the Studio 148. I am not saying that your experience was invalid. But maybe the room or electronics they were connected to, when you listened to them, might not have been a match to the ProAcs.If you loved the D20, you will be mesmerized by the D30RS. Just give them enough space. Even with that one driver, they go down very low. Do let us know when you get them.