Speaker recomendation

I just bought a second home and the room where the new system will go is quite large (60’x20’) with a wall of windows.  I’m looking for a pair of speakers that will be more for listening in position close to the system but that can still move enough air for when we have lots of people over.  Budget is about $10-15K for an amp and speakers.  I have a Moon 340i but fear it doesn’t have enough power to move the speakers I’ll get.  I was thinking about Golden Ear reference but my wife and I are more classical and jazz listeners and these are better for rock?  Suggestions appreciated!
128x128lgoler
Audiotroy doesn't bother me, because I take his recommendations with a grain of salt. If he recommends something that sparks my interest, I go listen to the component with my owns ears. I did that for speakers that he recommended and recently with T+A electronics. I listened to the T+A  PA 3100 HV driving Magico A3s. Based on that experience I don't think the PA 3100 HV is anything special. Listening always puts everything into perspective.  
Meanwhile, back at The Topic...

IMHO, if I had a room that big and $10-15K for amps and speakers, I would probably try this:  I would call John Strohbeen at Ohm Acoustics, and ask if the Walsh 5000 would be able to work in that large space.  If so, that's $6600 for the speakers.  If your space is too big for them, John will tell you the truth.  They work well with reflective surfaces, so you may not have to do as much to treat the room and those windows as you might with more directional speakers.  They also have several frequency band output level controls, which might be especially helpful in your situation.  For an amp, lots of clean power is the key.  I would go for the Arion Audio HS-500 monoblocks, which are tube/Class D hybrid designs that output 500 watts each.  I have heard them with both Nola speakers and Magicos, and they are great amps, IMHO.  I had the RS-500 monoblocks (with solid state input stage) for a while and thought they were also pretty good.  But the hybrids are better sounding and within your budget.  That's another $6300 for the pair.  That leaves you a bit left over for some decent power and speaker cables.  YMMV, of course, but both of these products are sold direct with in-home trial periods.

Harbeth 30.2 fantastic for classical music and jazz.   I'd go with a SS Amp and pre or an integrated ss!  I love McIntosh with Harbeth!   
Ricredi I can assure you the T+A gear is the real deal.

I am not surprised that you didn't like the setup, the Magico A3 are a much smaller sounding speaker with a much more reserved presentation than the more upbeat Monitor's you use. 

We have not heard the A3 but to our ears previous Magico's always sounded a bit boring. 

Bircorobit, Harbeths are lovely speakers that many people prize for their natural midrange and musical presentation, however, even the larger 40 are still not physically large enough to provide proper spl, and deep enough bass for this really large room.

The golden rule is the larger the physical volume of the room the larger the loudspeaker needs to be. 

Likely good canidates, used Kef Blades, Genesis, Legacy Focus or Aeris, used Wilson Sasha, Wilson X1,Dali Epicon 8, look for large 5-6 foot tall speakers, multiple woofers, and 90 plus sensitivity.

Tls49, we didn't like Legacy either, the older models with the yellow Kevlar midrange and the original ribbon tweeter were okay good loud party speakers, the newer models with the much better graphite composite midrange cone, and German Heil tweeer array are really good speakers. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

I would prefer to learn more about the OP requirements than all this distraction. Speakers really depend on the requirements and tastes of the OP. I think the OP has left.