GLANZ MFG 610LX

I have been searching for this uber rare GLANZ cartridge since mid 80´s as I missed my opportunity to purchase one when it was for sale back in the day. I knew its reputation as one of finest cartridges available but I just missed it, young and foolish I was. In the same price category, I bought SHURE V-15V-MR instead.

Now thirty years later I owe one, NOS found in a barren town near the Arctic Circle. It sounds just fantastic out of the box. I am very lucky as this model is so seriously rare.
harold-not-the-barrel
When it rains it pours when it comes to this cart.  Chakster turned me onto a Glanz MFG 610LX not but a few weeks ago.  I'm not sure where it lies in the Glanz line up, I just know from the specs I could find is that is it is a line contact with a boron cantilever.  It does sound amazing regardless.
Yeah, they are still on ebay from the japanese seller along with a few lower, but also nice and relatively cheap Glanz (New Old Stock) models. Great price for MFG-610LX ! Everyone can try a decent Moving Flux cart with Boron Cantilever and Line Contact stylus (from the 80s). Glanz is killing your Nagaoka MP500, new Audio-Technica MMs, new Garrott and many other modern MM cartridges of any price. For about $400 is a steal ! Then we can talk about it here. 

In the good old times when we discussed only 3 Glanz ''versions''

which I was also able to remember I was one of the ''experts''

regarding this ''brand''. Alas the nomenclature moved in the

AT direction so while I still own MF 31l and MF 71 l I have no idea

what they are worth at present. I must also confess that I sold

my MF 61 because of hum. Back then there was just one member

who ''pretended'' to own one.

If this MFG 610LX is ''one step below 71 L'' I have no reason to

panic. Qua cartridge collection I am still ''one step above'' chakster.

@acman3

The chart in the pictures of this listing shows the Glanz MFG 610lx, one step below the Glanz 71l

No, it’s 10 steps ahead, look at the cantilevers (Boron vs. Aluminum).
71 has Line Contact stylus, 61 and 610LX have Parabolic stylus, lower mass etc.
I have owned MFG-71, even MFG-31 is better, but the MFG-610LX has unique cantilever and unique stylus tip, i think this model is very close to the MF-61 which i have. You can search for some other users comments regarding the Glanz 61 on audiogon, you will see this is way different from any other Glanz or Astatic (or anything Made by Mitachi).

Here is my 61 and 71: https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10570339_1205709682780530_1387528252583949179_n.jpg?_n...
More to discover