GLANZ MFG 610LX

I have been searching for this uber rare GLANZ cartridge since mid 80´s as I missed my opportunity to purchase one when it was for sale back in the day. I knew its reputation as one of finest cartridges available but I just missed it, young and foolish I was. In the same price category, I bought SHURE V-15V-MR instead.

Now thirty years later I owe one, NOS found in a barren town near the Arctic Circle. It sounds just fantastic out of the box. I am very lucky as this model is so seriously rare.
harold-not-the-barrel

Showing 2 responses by acman3

Chakster, I have never heard the Glanz Cartridges in question, so I am going from the chart I provided. The 71l has a slightly higher channel separation than the 610lx, which normally dictates the better cartridge. Also Frequency response deviation is tighter on the 71l versus the 610lx They both show to have the same solid diamond line contact stylus. I wish we could see the rest of the chart.

I was wondering where did you learned the MFG 71L was aluminum and the 610lx was boron? Could they have been modified? 

Anyway, I am sure both are great, just found that chart and wanted to add it to the conversation, so we might get some of this convoluted Glanz/Astatic information correct before we die and our wives through them out. :)
More to discover