Audio-Technica ART 7

Good day A,goners :)

I was in love with the AT OC9 III sound until I damaged it accidentally !!!!!!!!!! The needle broke off completely of the cartridge. I am looking for a replacement. 

I am wanting to stay with Audio-Technica, and looking into ART 9 and ART 7. I read the threads here and some other forums in regards to the ART 9 cart. Most likely will go for the ART 9. However, I am curious about the ART 7.

How many of you here are /were ACTUALLY using ART 7? With what phono stage and gain setting? What are the strength and limitation if you are using / used the ART 7?

I will be using it on a Project RMP 9 table with the 9cc Project arm, Simaudio Moon 310Lp phono, XLR cables (6dB additional gain) to BAT pre-amp.  

Thanks a lot for your inputs :)
Subho

128x128confuse_upgraditis
@lewm

2juki is from Hong Kong, not from Japan as your trustworthy seller/shop in Akihabara. First thing the manufacturer will check is the serial number of the product, what is the reason for them to support grey market ebay dealers and cartridges with fake serial numbers if they have official distributors to support in each country?

Official distributors suffering from the low ball offers on ebay for grey market cartridges. 

Every problem can be solved via paypal claim or ebay. At least broken items will be returned for full refund (a golden rule of ebay/paypal policy).

Chakster, You educated me by stating that 2juki changes or obliterates the serial number.  If true, that alone would void any warranty of any kind.  I certainly would not argue with that logic. A case of caveat emptor.

So what about William Thakker?  I purchased a few MM cartridges from him a few years ago, when the MM thread was so active.  They arrived in factory packaging with what appear to be unaltered serial numbers, and of course the condition was as new.

The irony is that many of the cartridges sold NOS on eBay are attractive, because you simply cannot find them at all here in the US, which brings us back to the ART7.  Thakker also sells some cartridges that are no longer available here.
Lewm, 

Have bought several items form Juki, all have been pristine. 

Good Listening

Peter

Dear @lewm : I bougth several items from 2juki and as @pbnaudio always a clear and transparent deals.

Even when I bougth my big MS TT he solved a problem that appeared in the unit.

2juki, grey market?. No, I dfon't thuink so and there is no rpove about not even from chakster because he said some one told him.

We have to remember that chakster is an audio seller and 2juki is a hard competition for him.

Anyway, if I need something in the future from 2juki I will do it with out any doubt.

R.

To sell as "New" on ebay a product must be:

"A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store."

My cartridge purchases from 2juki have been delivered in factory sealed boxes with no signs at all of tampering.  And yes, for these prices I do not expect factory service. If delivered undamaged it will not need any. If delivered damaged I expect a refund or replacement.  

I have never read any criticism of 2juki service from an actual buyer.

I don't understand where this badmouthing BS comes from.  IMO we need the 2jukis of this world to make this expensive hobby of ours just a bit more affordable.