Ideas for my next DAC....?

Requirements:

1- USB and Ethernet capable
2- Plays all/most hi-res formats
3- Can serve as my pre-amp/volume control with no SQ degradation

Price range: 6-10k used or demo

Tbh I'm really just starting to collect ideas to compare to my current DAC, which I actually like quite a bit, but just - as always - wondering "what else is out there".

Since retiring my Audio Note DAC, I haven't had a chance to listen to anything other than the DSD, which makes me itchy.  I loved the AN -- actually it sounded incredible -- but it's technology lost pace with the rest of my system (limited hi-res capability, no network connectivity option far as I'm aware, and I hadn't done USB so would have to send it in).
joncourage
I only heard one Oppo DAC and I do not exaggerate when I say it was the worst DAC I have ever heard. That was a few years ago though, my point is that the Oppo brand is absolutely not one I would buy without listening to first.

I'm quite happy with their BluRay players though.

Best,

E
The OP was very specific in his requirements and the Oppo Sonica meets only one of those three regardless of its sound quality.

Do people even bother to read the original post anymore or just view every thread as a vehicle to tout their favored gear, regardless of its fitness to address the OP’s needs?

Dave
Do people even bother to read the original post anymore ?
Obviously, very few do. It's hard to take this forum seriously.