Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
Ooh slaw, the MFSL A Salty Dog! One of my long-time favorite albums, I have owned the British Regal Zonophone pressing from the time of the album's release. How does the MF sound? Have you heard a Regal Zonophone for comparison? Great sounding album!
AFAIK, I have never reviewed or commented on the Benchmark DAC in Stereophile.
I apologize Kal. In fact, I pledge not to diss on your rather unique (for Stereophile) perspective or to use your name in derogatory fashion in the future. Your viewpoints on audio could nor possibly differ more than my own and as a result, I make careless mistakes like this one. I need to move on an not single you out. That said, on a wine board that I regularly frequent, someone enthusiastically recommended the Oppo UDP205 as a CD spinner based on your blurb under "Recommended Components". I find this unfortunate. I believe that any recommendation has to take into account longevity and build quality, something that seems to be a non-issue in your assessments. But there I go again. I will move on from making you a boogieman. 
@slaw 

How does the 1:120 work (vs 1:40)? I have not tried it at lower than Fisher's 1:40 recommendation.

I do not use photo-flo. My goal is to leave nothing whatsoever on the surface of the record.
Thanks for mentioning the Versa-Clean. I just ordered it to compare to the mix of Everclear and Photo-flo that I’m using in my Elmasonic P. After a 20 minute ultrasonic bath I rinse/vac with distilled water and TergiKleen on a VPI 16.5. This evacuates and dries the LP so well that I don’t feel a need for more rinsing or steam.
@terry9,

Sorry for the delay. In terms of SQ, I cannot tell a difference. I do steam beforehand. I think my heroic pre-clean method needs to be a factor in my posted results here. I believe your "heroic" rinsing is still a big key in SQ after a US clean. I doubled the Versa-Clean after I wrote the post above to my latest water. I have not noticed any SQ differences.

After adding the Photo-Flo, I noticed a completely dry record after lifting it out of the bath and letting it spin for a very short time. I feel trying the additional steaming after the US cleaning is a waist of effort. I get a better SQ result from a warm rinse from my kitchen sink tap water/sprayer , then a rinse of distilled water, then a final distilled water rinse/vacuum on my VPI 16.5, the a De-Stat.

@bdp24 ,

I guess the appropriate discussion for music is elsewhere, but I agree with MF regarding the SQ= around an 8 on the PC lp which is alright.