Naim and Elac Adante, Wow

The new Elac Adantes are creating a lot of buzz both good and bad.

We were mixed on the speakers initially as certain sonic aspects were fantastic while others were less then satisfactory.

The Adante AS 61 has a relatively low sensitivity so we thought 40 watts will not be enough.

Surprise the Naim Uniti Atom with Wireworld cables produced an intoxicating sound.

The Atom is warm and punchy so the combo matched perfectly.

Elac and Naim fantastic together and affordable.

3k amp which includes dac and streamer,  plus 2.5k speakers other then cables and stands this combo would make a lot of people very happy.

We would urge prospective Adante purchasers to seek out this combo these two products mesh while other combos of electronics with the Adantes may be why some people are not liking the speakers.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
128x128audiotroy
Grgr4blu

Interesting, I see you are enjoying an audio system that was purchased somewhere from someone, or did you cobble it together in your workshop? That audio system was designed to do what exactly ah yes, PLAY MUSIC!

So unless your are a talented musician you are going to need equipment to play that music on, so equipment is required to do the job.  So to recap no equipment = NO MUSIC for you to listen to.

If you purchased components rather then created them yourself, did you ever visit a shop ever to learn about components, or to just listen to some music, or talk about what’s new, did you then talk to a salesperson whose job it is to know about and sell components, does that salesmen do that job for 40 hours or so a week and is therefore eminently qualified to discuss their knowledge of what those components do, or go to a an audio show which is run by manufacturers who sells products designed to make music?

You are so busy pointing the finger of impropriety and "selling" or "shilling" or "trolling" you fail to see the hypocrite for which you are, see above.

Your self professed knowledge comes from what? Your years as an audiophile, vs our 30 plus years of doing this day in and day out and finding combinations, tweaks, and evaluating products which we do constantly?

So back on topic, what do you think of the Elac Adantes? Do you find them to be excellent imagers, do you think they have an accurate midrange, if not where are they colored, how do you hear that, and if so compared to which other speakers in the price range? How do they compare to the ATC or KEF R300, or any of the other popular monitors, how is the treble detailed? How is the bass?

You really need to grow up man there are people four on this thread alone that have recognized that our posts are helpful and have aided them in making decisions.

And yes we are getting so rich by buying the latest components to always have the best possible selection for our clients vs those other stores who are selling the same old products and never evaluating whether or not their products are as good as the new Mytek Brooklyn Dac, or Elac or the new Quad speakers?

It is such a shame that you are such a close minded individual I could guarantee we could have taught you how to make your system sound way better and probably have saved you a ton of music in the process.

As I sit hear and listen to the Elac AS 61 on our new Naim Nova.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

What a thread. I have sat back and read this thing more than a few times. I didn't want to post as I own the Quatro's and have owned the Treo's.  Back in 1982, I was at Sound Unlimited and met Richard V for the first time.  That was my store when I was stationed there with the US Navy.  bought Stax's there and many other things for friends (Bruce still runs a great store folks).  I wanted the 2's, but when it was time to purchase in 1990, I walked out of a Vandy deal with Proac's for many reasons.  

When I went to a new store to get new Proac's, I walked out with Treo's. Upgraded from there once I was able to, but not after auditioning MANY other speakers.  I'm blessed to have many shops and audiophiles locally.

Dave, I'm sorry, but your bias is sickening.  It really is. You have passion and are a nice guy.  For months you begged me, as you do others, to come audition the Paradigm 9's and your vaunted Legacy's in YOUR shop, wiht YOUR gear and YOUR rooms, that you told me are set up and sounding so much better than anyone else's.  I did just that a few months ago.  I like you, so I decided to not post what I heard and what you admitted I heard.  I had another board member with me who heard the same things and hear you say the same thing.

They were both terrible.  You then started to back track and blame the poor sound on a new, unbroken in DAC you had.  That said, you had been pushing that DAC as a world class bargain as every piece in your house is (I honestly thought you had a retail shop and not the first floor of an old multi story house).  The would have meant that the DAC was burned in already, but obviously not??  I just don't know what to believe anymore.

All I know is that I couldn't wait to stop listening as I had a real headache.  

As for Vandersteen speakers, I can safely say that you have not heard them set up in MY house, nor the houses of anyone I know who owns them.  Not the latest models. If you want to talk innovation, go ahead.  Innovation is only as good as implementation.  Richard is on the Mount Rushmore of speaker designers like Andrew Jones is.  The thing is that Richard has refined and refined, redefined and implemented new materials to make world class speakers.  Other's strive to sell the amount of speakers as the 2's, but that probably will never happen again. There is a reason they are still going strong and I mean strong after all these years.  

I'm not here to debate you, just pointing out the facts that the speakers and gear you keep touting as the best and giant killers etc... in YOUR perfectly set up room all sounded terrible on the day I showed up to finally take your challenge.  I even wanted to like them all as my friend knows.  You are a nice guy who has passion, but your rants are tiresome.  

I love Vandersteen, but I also like  a well set up Maggie and I heard the newest and largest Harbeth signature addition in a crazy cool Eucalyptus Silver this past week and felt it was warm, luscious and highly listenable.  It had a ton more detail than I expected.  Is it harsh like the Legacy or Paradigm's? Not even close, but as least you can listen for more than 30 minutes without having to get up and away from teh music.  

Some will chose your speakers and your gear, but after meeting you and taking your challenge, I read your posts and wonder where you are coming from.  To me, it just seems like flavor of the month hype that you spew most of the time. Too bad, as you have some very good options, but they are lost as you use the net to sell your products.  Be well and please don't take this as a personal attack. As I said, you care and are a nice guy.  I really enjoyed meeting you.  Maybe you can find another avenue to promote adn market yourself and your gear.  
Cstonner, you think our bias is sickening?

I flat out told you when we met that the entire room was taken apart for a photo shoot the day before, things were moved. and turned off, components were changed and I accommodated you and your friend to come in listen without verifying that the system once it was put back sounded as it should.

AND I AGREEDED with you that both systems sounded at that point not good and were not representative at all of the sound we were getting particularly with the 9H.

And AFTER that was explained to you had the bad taste to post what your impressions were even when I flat out told you that I was not happy with the sound as it was the sound good.

It would have been different If I agreed that the systems sounded good which if you had bothered to pay attention to what was said but in your head you were gloating to yourself that you were right.

DO YOU KNOW THAT THE EQ FUNCTIONS ON THE PREAMP were turned ON. DO YOU ALSO KNOW THAT I DIDN"T ENGAGE THEM!

Do you think that might have affected the sound and that was just one part of what was wrong.

You happen to be the sick one, as you are so blinded by the love or your products that you have the bad taste to post what you just did.

If you read the posts as above, mentioned several times that the 1C and 2C were great value for the money speakers. Disagreed with you about the more expensive models.

Flavor of the month? Paradigm has been making excellent speakers for years, Legacy has been in business for years. and the Aeris haven been on the market for four years, only the Paradigm Pesona series itself is new and of course Elac’s Adante line is new.

Ctstooner, would you give me the same privilege to judge your system which we would still be at a disadvantage as you probably would be showing your system off in the best circumstances and I went out of my way to let you come in and listen when I should have said no that the systems weren’t ready.

The same kind of thing happens in show reports day one system sounds bad, day three is sounds fantastic because things were changed.

I stayed up late that night just reassembling the place, which was my mistake. Ctstooner, lets just part way in thinking we are both biased, you like and believe Vandersteen makes the best most musical speakers out there, We don’t.

Did you hear the Legacy Aeris at the New York Audio show? We had people coming up to us saying they blew away $60k speakers.

If you really want to be wowed for $70k go listen to a pair of Scaena Line arrays they put most speakers to shame at $100k..

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Lastly Ctstonner, like Tomic's comments about wine and music and Grgr4blu comments about nothing.

You are missing the point, this post is about Adantes speakers and finding compatible equipment with them.

Are you know going to tell us that the Naim Uniti gear isn't good, when the Nova for example is being raved reviewed all over the internet?

Please regale the reading public about what you have thought about these products. I am sure if you had heard the Adantes you wouldn't even give them a  decent  evaluation, because of course you would you would be thinking I can get a pair of 2Ci for that money and not looking for what each speaker does well and what they don't.

The difference between you and I is that we know who a product is good for and don't try fitting everyone into the same camp as well as see these products for what they are and if you also read the above posts we even mentioned the Adantes do have a peak. 

Ctstooner, keep your comments to about what is being discussed. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Post removed