Killing Joke anyone???

So I've always been a fan of theirs, but never bought anything by them.  I finally bought a few of their CDs a few weeks ago, among them, Hosannas.  Because of time constraints, I couldn't find the time to get to my main rig, until last night.   I had an idea what I would be in for on Hosannas based on what I heard in the car.  But no, I wasn't even close. I was so far off.  The amount of sound and dynamics and energy and literally visceral impact was something I hadn't experienced before from my main rig that I thought I had experienced with other CDs.  But clearly, not like this. My eyes and my ears were at odds with each other because the equipment I was looking at, I thought, was not capable of producing that type of enormity.   It was a giant wall of music that made me feel like I was at one of their concerts, only better.  I felt like I was punched in the face at the very opening of the first track.  I sat back and took the best beating of my life because it only got better.   What a recording.  I was left open-mouthed and dumbfounded.  I'd love to hear anyone's similar experience, regardless of artist.
shtinkydog
If you were around in the 80s or even if you weren't, check out the song and the video "Eighties." It's a defining moment for the band and  politics in the UK.

Definitely don't need a high-end system to listen to KJ. But I wonder if there is a better recording than the Redbook "Absolute Dissent."
Will have to check out Hosannas.

Not sure why this would be posted on an audiophile forum. Countless bands meet those criteria anyway.
They were one of the first post punk angst bands to break out from England in late 70,s. I mean their hometown was Notting Hill, scene of many a bad situation.
Yes they had a lot of feeling to vent!
Yup - I discovered "Eighties" on the soundtrack LP from "Wierd Science".  Yes, I own that LP and I am not ashamed to admit it.  If you're an 80's guy like me, then this LP is wonderful.  I have a couple of KJ LPs, always enjoyed them, but I can't really call myself a KJ fanboy.  I was unaware of the Nirvana nexus until I read this thread, but now that you mention it, it sure makes sense.