Standout track on an album

In reacquainting myself over the past 24 hours with all the Lucinda Williams albums in my possession, I find myself unable to get enough of her song "Essence" off the album of the same title. A killer song, and maybe her sexiest lyrics and vocal ever. And that’s saying something!
128x128bdp24
Bdp

ya man !!!!
just played it twice....I suspect you are just in lust with those Vandersteen subs.... there is a ton going on below 63 cycles....

seriously i I think I have 12 of her issues

my two faves are: Righteously off of World Without Tears....
but I am a guitar guy.....
and anything off Blessed cause that’s my life
blessed

great thread

Also look at the album cover for World Without Tears and then Clapton’s Backless.....

i wonder........???????

gpgr4blu---Can’t wait to hear the World Without Tears album.

ericsch---Yep, love the Rough Trade album, the one of hers I’ve heard the most, both recorded and live. That’s the material she was playing when I started seeing her live around town (L.A.) in the late 80’s, with the band heard on the album---Gurf Morlix on Telecaster guitar, Dr. John (NOT the New Orleans pianist/singer!) on bass, and Donald Lindley on drums.

tomic601---Blessed, another of her albums I missed! I love the guitar sound on the Little Honey album. It’s Doug Pettibone playing, and it has that great Les Paul Jr. into a Deluxe Reverb on 10 sound---my favorite guitar tone. I loved hearing that sound coming out of Jonny Kaplan’s Deluxe when I played with him. I’m really looking forward to hearing the guitar playing of Bill Frisell on The Ghosts Of Highway 20 album. But the bass on the album won’t be coming out of Vandersteen subs, much as I like them (I heard them a lot at Brooks Berdan’s shop). I actually have a pair of the GR Research/Rythmik OB/Dipole Subs, which are also pretty good ;-).

For a real treat, her “Live @ The Fillmore,” from a three day show in 2003. Rockin’!

First saw her 25 years ago at a very small club when she opened for Joe Ely. I had never heard of either one, but a fan of both since. Last saw her a couple of years ago in a theater setting. Butch Trucks played drums for the encore. Seen her a couple of times in between.

I listened to some of the re-recording of Sweet Old World. Sadly, wasn’t impressed. I’ll give it another try.