Standout track on an album

In reacquainting myself over the past 24 hours with all the Lucinda Williams albums in my possession, I find myself unable to get enough of her song "Essence" off the album of the same title. A killer song, and maybe her sexiest lyrics and vocal ever. And that’s saying something!
128x128bdp24
I resisted for along time, but I've come to really like Amazon. They have everything in stock, and the free shipping is super fast. Ten bucks for an album? Such a deal! An even better deal is the basket of $5 DVD's at my Fred Meyer store. Just yesterday I found Hall Pass in there, a very funny movie.
A couple more artists I am willing to spend the extra $ on for LP versions of new albums are John Hiatt, Rodney Crowell, Emmylou Harris, Iris Dement, and anyone else I really like who makes good sounding recordings. Lucinda fits in with that group---great singers, songwriters, with backing ensembles containing high-quality musicians.
Check out "Side of the Road" from her 1988 self titled album. Great lyrics, she is an under rated song writer. I love Lucinda, seen her in concert twice. Her last two albums are a little dark.

Bdp

ya man !!!!
just played it twice....I suspect you are just in lust with those Vandersteen subs.... there is a ton going on below 63 cycles....

seriously i I think I have 12 of her issues

my two faves are: Righteously off of World Without Tears....
but I am a guitar guy.....
and anything off Blessed cause that’s my life
blessed

great thread